Any Venom Red photos ?

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we've seen lots of snakeskin greens, and some blues, but very little in the way of new Venom Red cars- anybody have a Venom red coupe yet or have photos of one at a dealership?

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to read this forum more. Take a look at this WHOLE thread.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/608764-08-vipers-enroute.html
Ummm....ok....a bunch of the 17000 views on that thread are from me....

Maybe I should be more specific- there don't seem to be many photos of Venom Red yet, aside from the few dark/indoors photos of an unstiped vert and an unstriped coupe sitting inside a dealership in the "Vipers enroute" thread - anyone have better/outdoors photos of striped Venom Red coupes and 'verts?

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at Venom Red coupe this week no stripes, that color is awful.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we've seen lots of snakeskin greens, and some blues, but very little in the way of new Venom Red cars- anybody have a Venom red coupe yet or have photos of one at a dealership?

There's a Venom Red without stripes for sale on Ebay at Bud's in Ohio. Its has been listed for at least 2 weeks with No Sale.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at Venom Red coupe this week no stripes, that color is awful.

Thats pretty harsh:omg: What dont you like about it? Is it too dark or do you think it just looks bad on the Viper...I was originally going to get Venom Red but it looked a little too dark...I like how it looks in some pics and not so much in others.It just doesnt pop to me ..I guess some people are also going to hate my color I picked now(SSG) but I think it looks(from pics) pretty wild on the Viper...:D :crazy2:

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats disappointing to hear that would have been my number one pick however i have not seen it in person yet.

OP
OP
V

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats pretty harsh:omg: What dont you like about it? Is it too dark or do you think it just looks bad on the Viper...I was originally going to get Venom Red but it looked a little too dark...I like how it looks in some pics and not so much in others.It just doesnt pop to me ..I guess some people are also going to hate my color I picked now(SSG) but I think it looks(from pics) pretty wild on the Viper...:D :crazy2:

It is hard to order a Viper without seeing the colors in-person first. What is it that you didn't like about Venom Red? Would it look 200% better with stripes?
I remember that someone reported Venom looked like Magnetic Red or Monterey Red (on Corvettes) and Venom Red has metallic flake- it <<should>>
look good....

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is hard to order a Viper without seeing the colors in-person first. What is it that you didn't like about Venom Red? I remember that someone reported it looked like Magnetic Red or Monterey Red (on Corvettes) and Venom Red has metallic flake- it <<should>>
look good....

If Im not mistaken, you can currently see "Venom Red" on the Ram SRT's. Im not sure if its called the same name or not, but there is a quad cab Ram SRT in this color down the street from me and it looks just like/very close to Venom Red. Really nice color, whatever the name may be.

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PCC, I must have just missed you, Venum Red on the showroom floor at RT23 Dodge in Butler NJ.
They also have this car on Ebay. Tony

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom red just looks so bland no punch.Definitely should have stripes. Also if your buying an 08 get the two tone interior and full options besides the motor for me it's what makes the car different from an 06. Just my opinion. I have a red vert with all options except wheels ordered, I don't know if i can stand the waiting period much longer. I want that car so bad.

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony I did just miss you.Salesman said you just left.

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My new Venom red with Silver striped convertible just came is and its all I thought it would be. I have pics if anyone wants them. If someone can post them that would be helpful.

God Bless,
Keith

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keiths car , Its A BEAUTY!!!:cool: :omg: :2tu: :drive:

You must be registered for see images

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that Viper at the Orlando Dodge dealer on Colonial Dr. last week. They also had a green/ silver striped coupe. The Venom red was rather bland looking while the green was outrageous. My wife and father in law liked the red better than the green. My wife said, "I think the green is just too much". She doesn't understand that among us Viper freaks, there isn't any such thing as too much. The venom red color is more reserved. I thought it would be one of my favorite colors until I saw it in person. It looks much better in those magazine pics than it does in person. The green/silver looks MUCH better in person than in the pics I have seen. In the sun it absolutely jumps out and violates your eyes. I think the Venom Red needs more pearl / candy apple quality to it. Some will like it just as it is but in my opinion, it could be better.

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Hey Guys,
My new Venom red with Silver striped convertible just came is and its all I thought it would be. I have pics if anyone wants them. If someone can post them that would be helpful.

God Bless,
Keith
Beautiful car and looks great with the stripes!:2tu:
Make sure you private message on the of the moderators for this site with your information so they can change your status. Only they can see it. Kcobean, LeeblackandsilverGTS, or CitySnake can help you.
With the new 2008 you will be getting a year free membership with the VCA so be sure and talk with your dealer to get the paperwork in if you haven't already. Gets you Viper Magazine, perks for this site, we'll be waiting for your avatar with the new Viper.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Venom red looks like it is a totally different color in the sun than with indoor lighting - looks great in the sun, but may look a little drab otherwise - which is why it looks so different in each picture you see.

I am keenly aware of this fact right now as I try to finalize the color for my Street Serpent. You can't believe the difference having the color chips in the sun can make - which really makes it even harder to pick a final color. It's also very difficult to get a sense for what a color will look like on your Viper when looking at a "return address sized label" color chip - so we will be shooting a few test panels.

I am shooting for a Dark Kandy Red - without it looking maroon - which the Venom Red seems to have a tint of.

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
With 530 miles on it she made good numbers: :D

All were made at 200 coolant temp. When the fans cut off we turned the car off and restarted then made another run. Here is the succession of the power.
It wasn't taken above 4500 rpm's for the most part during break in. I think the computer is still adjusting because nearly every run got better.

1. 531rwhp / 502rwtq
2. 538rwhp / 508rwtq
3. 538rwhp / 506rwtq
4. 540rwhp / 509rwtq
5. 543rwhp / 509rwtq :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Looks good so far. Ya'll have fun!

God Bless, :usa:
Keith

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey austin...the red on the srt 10 trucks is a little different, it is called inferno red and is pretty awsome of a color...inferno that is...i have a 07 quad cab that has inferno red and it pops when clean in sunlight!!! i get compliments all the time on the color...the venum red is very close but i think it has more metal flake and may be a little deeper maroon too...but if it's anything like my quad cab...the color is sharp...almost like a candy apple red...really bright!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
With 530 miles on it she made good numbers: :D

All were made at 200 coolant temp. When the fans cut off we turned the car off and restarted then made another run. Here is the succession of the power.
It wasn't taken above 4500 rpm's for the most part during break in. I think the computer is still adjusting because nearly every run got better.

1. 531rwhp / 502rwtq
2. 538rwhp / 508rwtq
3. 538rwhp / 506rwtq
4. 540rwhp / 509rwtq
5. 543rwhp / 509rwtq :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Looks good so far. Ya'll have fun!

God Bless, :usa:
Keith

Those are some healthy numbers:2tu: I wonder what one of these cars will make stock after a couple of thousand miles on them....

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the Venom red much better than any red on any previous viper including my own red 97 GTS. But it is still not the color I would purchase. If I do end up getting an 08, I believe it will be a SSG or the orange, most likely solid but If i do stripes they will be black.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte