Any Vipers in New York?

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks, I am headed up to New York City...that's right, it will be my first time in New York City. I will be there at the end of August and didn't know if anyone had any suggestions on things to do...or if anyone wanted to hook up? Hope to meet some of you folks.

Take care,

Ryan

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ryan:

There's lots of things to do in New York, really depends on your interests - restaurants, sights, Broadway shows...:headbang:

Though I live in CT now, I'm a born and raised New Yawka...a Queens boy actually.:D

So let me (us) know and we'll see how we can help you.:2tu:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few cautions to be wary about...I speak from experience.

Be very careful if you are taking the viper. Manhattan has so many *** holes, and with the viper, not only will you feel all of them, your suspension is going to take one hell of a beating if your not careful to avoid the big ones.

Park the car only in an enclosed guarded parking lot. Don't let the attendant park your car and only park there if you can pick the parking slot. You see, these places pack them in extremely tight and there are many many stories of dings and dents after parking at one of these locations. The alternative is to park it on the street and risk having people scratch it with their shopping bags, purses, hands (after wanting to touch it), or other cars banging into yours because they can't park themselves or don't care. Parking is tight in the city and people will squeeze in in front of you, behind you or beside you, like you wouldn't beleive.

Drive defensively and be very careful; you will get cut off by a 3 taxi cabs per block. You must watch out for kamacazi bike couriers, middle of street pedestrians crossing the street all over the place, and drivers swinging their doors open after they have parked their own filthy cars in the middle of the street.

Most folks in the city aren't really car lovers and you will find that the majority of them will show your car little respect so be careful.

Other than the above you should be alright. :)

As far as things to do. Go to a few of the museums (metropolitan museum of art or natural history to start), see a broadway show, take a walk through central park (only during the day though), eat a 'hot dog cart' hot dog, have a slice of cheese pizza, and eat your ass off at some of the best restaurants in the world. If your downtown take the ferry to the statue of liberty, if your midtown go atop the empire state building, if your on the west side take the circle liner around manhattan island. There is lots and lots to do.

New York is a nice place to visit. Visit being the key word. :)

Last edited:

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are usually plenty of events that go on out on Long Island. Just keep an eye out on the events and NY/CT sections of this site for when you are heading up to NY. The NY VCA is a great group.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a big Cruise Night this Friday (last Friday of the month) in N NJ near Great Adventure at the outlets that usually has a few Vipers attend and lots of nice cars. You may want to check that out. I know a lot of NY people go to it.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, won't be driving...I drove in central London...decided never again. And I hear New York is similar to London, so no thanks. However, it would be cool to hook up with a few of you guys. I'll get in contact with the local President and let him know the details and perhaps he can round up some troops for a dinner, lunch or coffee?

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This coming from a resident of Indianapolis (India no place)? :rolleyes::D

Just so happens I was born and raised in NY. Left when I joined the service and only go back to visit family or when work has me laying over.

I personaly don't miss the place. It's still a nice place to visit though. :rolleyes:

Last edited: