Anybody Have The Scoop On.The 2015/2016 Viper??????

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll my C7 is already pushing 591 RWHP and that's just a start. mY 2016 C7 Z06 will have a vert auto/7 speed. Come on SRT I mean Dodge Viper get it together.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swapping cams and heads can hardly be called a tune, especially if you want to remain in compliance with emissions regulations, not to mention any warranty issues. May want to look into front crankshaft seal issues before deciding to force feed that LT1:D Considering the fuel pressures involved and intricate nature of DI programming (including not just timing but also spray patterns), yes, I would certainly put a lot of trust in those "comprehensive aftermarket tunes". Check out how it works out with MPI 911 Turbo vs. DI 911 Turbo...

Wow is all I can say

First the C7 Z06 does not have a air cooler. Get your facts
Second I have 5400 miles on my blown C7 with no issue great tuner
Third have you heard about the valves letting go on the Gen5s ? Do some more research some can't make it 50 miles

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than spending time and money on how to make the Viper better known and appreciated, the marketing people have come up with the brilliant idea of make the Viper a Dodge again.
REALLY?
Meanwhile GM is filling up with demand orders for a 100K Z06 that has not hit the streets yet...

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not driven the car because 1. the dealer will not allow it 2.I have not found anyone on the forum that would allow it (I have asked a few times).
Regarding the power, last time I was at the track, posted an 11.2 with my CLS and just came back in December from a 2 day Laguna Seca driving academy on an SLS so I believe that I should be able to handle the power once I get to understand the beast.

There may be a few that can compeyently handle more power than the Gen V has but I would guess that some of the complainers have:

1. Not driven the car; and,

2. Could not handle the power level it already has at its limits.

Once again, I suggest that everyone who has the where withall to buy a Gen V who has not had a chance to drive the Gen V in a spirited manner or at least get a spirited ride in one, withhold their comment about the power level until they do. They will be surprised once the tach goes past 3000.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their is a big learning curve learning to drive the beast, but it is fun...Must respect it and make sure you are point straight and have a lot of DRY road or it will bite you big time... It is a scary car to drive and it demands the driver attention all the time...Again Fun...

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than spending time and money on how to make the Viper better known and appreciated, the marketing people have come up with the brilliant idea of make the Viper a Dodge again.
REALLY?
Meanwhile GM is filling up with demand orders for a 100K Z06 that has not hit the streets yet...
This was an executive decision, it doesn't have anything to do with marketing. if anything, Viper and the rest of the SRT models will have a budget increase, as there are more funds overall to contribute to the sub-brand. Why so toxic?

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe many approved of the decision to have SRT be its own brand as it allows more freedom and brand differentiation from Dodge who is a not a stellar brand.
Decisions like these are obviously made at the top level. If you don't think it has cost millions to advertise the new brand and now it will cost more millions to change everything back to Dodge, then you can't be saved either...
I am not toxic, just pi##ed off at the whole debacle of the GenV history.
Not going to list all the issues again but about 1.5 half ago when the pictures came out, I went to the dealer and asked to be put on the list to buy one with checkbook in hand and today I do not own one (obviously contributing to the low sales numbers) and am sad that it is not a success story.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe many approved of the decision to have SRT be its own brand as it allows more freedom and brand differentiation from Dodge who is a not a stellar brand.
Decisions like these are obviously made at the top level. If you don't think it has cost millions to advertise the new brand and now it will cost more millions to change everything back to Dodge, then you can't be saved either...
Not going to list all the issues again but about 1.5 half ago when the pictures came out, I went to the dealer and asked to be put on the list to buy one with checkbook in hand and today I do not own one (obviously contributing to the low sales numbers) and am sad that it is not a success story.
Where are these multimillion dollar cost estimates coming from? it's not as though they have to re-license Dodge, or even rebadge the cars.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What surprises me is you still say you can't find a dealer to let you drive one, yet state you had a checkbook in hand. Never been to a dealer where that did not get me a test drive. It really is not that difficult to get a drive if you show you are serious, so something is not lining up.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I came in check book in hand ready to give a deposit in late 2013, the car was not out yet.
I went to the dealer twice now in 2014 and asked if I could drive it. They replied "unless you are willing to buy it, it is not happening"...
I recently drove an AMV12S and new 997TT and the dealer gave me no grief...

What surprises me is you still say you can't find a dealer to let you drive one, yet state you had a checkbook in hand. Never been to a dealer where that did not get me a test drive. It really is not that difficult to get a drive if you show you are serious, so something is not lining up.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These dealers do not think you are serious or you have the money. I have been able to drive any car I have ever wanted at the dealer. Just did new Bentley Flying Spur(Transport Car) and am flying to Germany in June to the Porsche Factory to test drive a new 918 Spyder before I cut the check. As for the Snake,get in your car and see Scott am Arrigo Dodge in Palm Beach and he will let you drive a Gen.5, I am sure.He is a good guy and in charge of there Viper sales.They have a bunch of them...Bring your check book....

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went into the dealership with checkbook in hand...and they weren't out yet.
Yet out came the Viper, and checkbook was not in hand.

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Believe it.

I walked in with a checkbook and a letter of credit/account balance letter stating I had funds. I went to 3 dealers. One of which was a USED 299mi base SRT trim. I thought SURELY they'd let me drive the used one. NOPE. said they wanted to keep it under 300mi. Whatever.

I took a risk and I hadn't driven a GenV until I actually signed the papers and bought mine. Don't regret it either; but it is totally ridiculous how the dealers treat the customers.

You can walk into most any exotic dealer and they have a demo or used unit available for customers to get an idea/feel of the car.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on how car will be used. I bought my g5 without a test drive and 3000 miles later, I can't get enough of it....so much fun...so much easier to handle than the G3 and 2 I had. But then I am not a skilled or demanding driver. I get in, commute the very short distance on country roads to work etc. I don't race, so really a test drive is not mandatory for me. I went to the dealership, liked the look and traded in my 06 coupe for an srt base with track pack (whatever that is).

I appreciate however, that for those who really know how to drive such a car and test its and their limits, some sort of test drive is desirable

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the Naples dealer. Its not like I came in with a neon SRT, even though people in this town drive a basic jeep or cadillac and have 500 million net worth so sales people know not to judge the book by its cover.
The car would be my daily driver so it is imperative I get to drive and have a good idea of how the car feels. FLL, thanks for the tip. Too bad I did not see your post, I was at PBIR for the AMG event last Saturday and could have gone there to drive one. Oh well, next time.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize for not having the means to buy the Viper as a toy and be able to drop $125K on demand... I had already made my decision on my DD but would still like to drive the car and potentially buy it used when price comes down.

He went into the dealership with checkbook in hand...and they weren't out yet.
Yet out came the Viper, and checkbook was not in hand.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understand the $$$$ thing.No big deal,when you can get a Viper ,then you will...I struggle with having expensive toys sitting in the garage that I only use for fun and then have to have a vehicles that I actually use.Crazy..... As for a Viper as a DD,I drove my Gen.4 as a DD for a year,they are fine.The Gen.5 is even better.The car is not the issue,it is the attention the Viper brings all the time and the fact it is difficult to leave it in a parking lot without eventually some asshoxxx messing with it....

Call Scott at Arrigo in PB tell him your deal and at least you will be able to drive a Gen.5....

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet the next ACR will look very close to this:

You must be registered for see images

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are dealers in Canada already offering to order 2015's(with August delivery:smirk:), yet nobody seems to know anything about them??

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The order book for the 2015 in the United States is not yet open so that seems a bit odd. Can you contact one of the dealers and get clarification?

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are dealers in Canada already offering to order 2015's(with August delivery:smirk:), yet nobody seems to know anything about them??

August delivery? 2015 production begins in October, so this is impossible.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. So the plant will reopen in June to fill any remaining 2014 orders then shut down until October. If the SRT Homecoming event survives the Brand termination, what and who are going to be at the plant in July?

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. So the plant will reopen in June to fill any remaining 2014 orders then shut down until October. If the SRT Homecoming event survives the Brand termination, what and who are going to be at the plant in July?

I believe the plant will be open in July as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper