Anybody pulled the sport hoops off yet?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was skimming through the SRT service manual last evening. My impression is that it is not nearly as information-rich as previous editions. I noted that the mini-rollbars above the seats are easily removable. Access to the 2 bolts/hoop is through the same area where the 5-pt. shoulder harnesses attach. Looks like a piece of cake for someone with a tubing bender to crank out some extended pieces and tie them together with diagonal bracing. Whether or not they would fit under the top is another story...

I also noticed that the anti-sqat and anti-dive geometry is substantially revised, both front and rear. The wishbones would appear to have a much wider base between the pivots than the Gen2 cars' units. Factory alignment settings are very close to the Gen2 cars. A little less rear caster is the most notable difference.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When members got to use the cars at VOI did they have roll bars on? If we go to a national event or a zone rendezvous, do you think we will have to have roll bars installed in order to join in on the auto cross etc.?