The VCA and SRT are very proud to present...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please all you guys Complainin about 110K do us a favor & cancel your orders!!!! Oh thats right how can you cancel something that hasn't officially been opened to orders yet? This car is a bargain for the price. You can get into an ACR for less than 100K, it can be done......

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank, We are all expecting it to be under 100k.Thats what the press release said and thats what we expect.We have the money to buy what we want.Nobody likes bait and switch. I personally just sold my $128k gt3 so I can get this car.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it more like wait and *****? Jeez. Dodge comes out with a fabulous product a few weeks ago and people are complaining about a web site inaccuracy?!! How about some appreciation for a group of dedicated gearheads who managed to convince the palm piloted, number crunching, private investment fund types to do the ACR in the first place. SRT is incredibly responsive to the needs of the VCA. We should do everything we reasonably can to support their efforts - especially buying new cars as needed/wanted.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's lasted quite a few mornings, afternoons, evenings and nights. I think it's here to stay.

What a shame! As the price currently stands at 110K, my ACR order has been cancelled.

I like going for a ride, not being taken for a ride. :rolleyes:

Instead of canceling any 2008 ACR orders, I would take a wait and see approach. When the SRT - DriveSRT site first allowed you to build and price a regular 2008 Viper a few months back, there were several inaccuracies that took weeks if not months to correct (e.g., showing Viper Violet as unavailable for the coupe, showing certain interior color combinations as unavailable).

/Rich

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get into the ACR for under 100k you will be getting an ACR with the following: Solid Color, no stripes, no blacked hood, no single stripe. ect..ect.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP $ 84,095.00
Color $ 600.00
Order Solid Color Credit $ 575.00
Guzzler Tax $ 1,700.00
Customer One Loyalty Mailing ??? $ 850.00

ACR Package $ 12,050.00
Drivers Stripe $ 1,650.00 - Looks to include color & Wheel
Dual STripes $ 3,000.00

ACR with Single Stripe $ 100,945
ACR with Dual STripe $ 102,295
ACR Solid Color No Stripe $ 98,720
ACR Solid Color Drivers Stripe $ 100,370
ACR Solid Color Dual Stripe $ 101,720

******** Option - Delete - Saves 40lbs
Radio & Speakers
Hood Insulation
Trunk Carpet
Tire Fix Kit

Hopefully my math is correct....

Some colors Dodge will not even charge for....So you see you can get into an ACR under 100K

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Anybody know what the front and rear spring rates are on the new ACR????

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I just went to Build Your Own Viper and loaded it up with every available option and here is what I got:

2008 R/T Pkg. $25,190
You must be registered for see images
Color$0
Dark Slate Gray $0
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat $0

Options$6,660
MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System w/ Navigation $2,145
  • Hard Disc Drive
  • SIRIUS® Satellite Traffic
  • UConnect® Hands-Free Communication
  • Touch-Screen Display Monitor
  • 8 Amplified Speakers Plus Subwoofer
  • Navigation System with GPS
  • Automatically-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/Microphone
Rear Seat Video System $1,300
  • Wireless Headphones (IR)
  • Gaming System
4.0-Liter V6 SOHC Engine $990
Power Sunroof $895
Travel Convenience Group $820
  • Trailer Tow Wiring with 4-Pin Connector
  • Class III Receiver Hitch
  • Full-Size Spare Tire
  • Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
  • Power Steering Cooler
  • Security Alarm
  • Trailer Tow Group
Convenience Group $475
  • Remote Start System
  • ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
  • UConnect® Hands-Free Communication
  • Automatically-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/Microphone
Engine Block Heater $35
Cloth Seats w/Colored Insert & R/T Logo Incl.
Monotone Paint Incl.
Premium Sound Group $0
  • AM/FM Stereo Radio w/In-Dash 6-Disc DVD/MP3 Player
R/T Group Incl.
Deluxe Door Trim Panel Incl.
Premium Front and Rear Floor Mats Incl.
Red Seat Insert $0
5-Speed Automatic Transmission $0
  • Tip Start
  • 3.55 Axle Ratio
Corporate 8.25 Rear Axle Incl.
Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass Incl.
Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors Incl.
Air Conditioning Incl.
115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet Incl.
Fog Lamps Incl.
Body Color Sill Applique Incl.
Body Color with Chrome Accent Grille Incl.
Body Colored Front Air Dam Incl.
Body-Color Bodyside Molding Incl.
Body-Color Fascias Incl.
Speed Control Incl.
20" x 7.5" Chrome Clad Aluminum Wheels Incl.
  • P245/50R20 VSB All Season Tires
  • Performance Suspension
Destination $660

Base MSRP: $32,510
$750.00 Cash Allowance
Total Discount†: $750
$750.00 Cash Allowance 1

Net Price: $31,760

Now, for those of you who obviously believe EVERYTHING you read there, you should probably order at least three of these at this price. Especially if you already canceled your previous "order". Ignore the fact it now says "Nitro" at the top, because all you care about is the price. Obviously since it loads from the Build Your Viper page, it MUST be true. :D

For those that would rather get information that is a little more up to date, this is directly from Chrysler (names have been changed to protect the innocent):

"We are well aware of the website issue due to the diligence of our owners and enthusiasts - that price misrepresentation will be removed today. In order to remove it quickly, we will need to suppress the entire 'Build Your Own Viper' section on the website until approximately December 5th. At that time, the 'Build Your Own' site will go back up and without the pricing error. At this time, final pricing has not yet been approved, but we can assure you based on previous releases that the final price of the ACR will be under $100K as originally promised. We apologize for this mistake and appreciate your efforts in helping to address it in a timely manner."

:2tu:

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just stoch'd that the car is even being offered from the factory! I too was concerned about having the same Hp as the non-ACR cars for only 1 reason: possibly buying an '08 ACR with 600hp and then 6 months later, the '09 roll out with 675... That happened with the 385Hp Z06 with the " what was said to be special paint that was only going to be available on the Z06 and only that year" (Millenium Yellow); only to have the following Z06 @ 405Hp and continuing the same color. Did it make the 385Hp Z06 less of a car than it was when announced?.. Not really (but it did in regards to demand), but I sure felt the sting when the 405's came out 8 months later. To me, I feel that has been the fuel for concern, not the fact that 600 is not enough.

Regardless, I've got my order placed for the '08 ACR. Who knows what tomorrow will bring and I'd rather have a 600Hp ACR than possible not have one at all; should something unexpected happen.

Thank you SRT and VCA :headbang:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just stoch'd that the car is even being offered from the factory! I too was concerned about having the same Hp as the non-ACR cars for only 1 reason: possibly buying an '08 ACR with 600hp and then 6 months later, the '09 roll out with 675...

Regardless, I've got my order placed for the '08 ACR. Who knows what tomorrow will bring and I'd rather have a 600Hp ACR than possible not have one at all; should something unexpected happen.

Thank you SRT and VCA :headbang:

Good move, in my opinion. The possibility of a horsepower increase for the Viper in 2009 is remote, and way past remote for the ACR only. Just too many dollars to certify the engine, divided by a very small number of cars.:2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As of today we can still not order an ACR through Chrysler's system.
We will likely have it pop up once the pricing issue is corrected on the Dodge website. Should be fairly soon, and feel free to call me if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get into the ACR for under 100k you will be getting an ACR with the following: Solid Color, no stripes, no blacked hood, no single stripe. ect..ect.

Regardless of price.

Please Clarify. Specifically "No blacked hood" , "no single stripe"; which to me was represented as part of the ACR components. Seriously, If you order a Classic Red Viper ACR and opt for the Drivers side stripe (only available on the red/black cars) will it come with a red stripe applied over red paint??

The DriveSRT website stated (regardless of price) that the "Competition Group" Included the following:

Competition Group:
Front Fascia with Aero Plates Ground Effects
18X10" Front, 19X13" Rear Forged Sidewinder Wheels
295/30ZR18 345/30ZR19 Performance Tires
Competition Suspension
"ACR" Badge
Rear Winged Spoiler
Front Splitter Spoiler
Delete Fog Lamps
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Two-Tone Black Center Band

Was the website also incorrect as to what the "Competition Group" contained as part of the package price?

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that would rather get information that is a little more up to date, this is directly from Chrysler (names have been changed to protect the innocent):

"We are well aware of the website issue due to the diligence of our owners and enthusiasts - that price misrepresentation will be removed today. In order to remove it quickly, we will need to suppress the entire 'Build Your Own Viper' section on the website until approximately December 5th. At that time, the 'Build Your Own' site will go back up and without the pricing error. At this time, final pricing has not yet been approved, but we can assure you based on previous releases that the final price of the ACR will be under $100K as originally promised. We apologize for this mistake and appreciate your efforts in helping to address it in a timely manner."
It's Dec 10th. :dunno:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

FRANK is Right, Again.

My 2008 ACR is ORDERED and tipped the MSRP scales at $100,410, due to the $600 premium paint code.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where and how did you price it out???

The ACR is now in the Dodge ordering system. It can be priced/ordered thru any Dodge dealer. I ordered one on Monday. Viper Red with the Driver Stripe (no other options) & it came to $101K & some change.

Some other Viper Forum threads had the 2008 Viper price detail including the ACR option of approx 12.5K.

Dodge's website should have the price breakdown soon. (I haven't checked today.)

Al

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will dealers atleast know thier allocations of the ACR's ????

I would just contact your local dealer (maybe Chapman Dodge & state you would like to place an order--I would not be concerned about individual Dealer allocations. However, it would be best to go to one if not the largest Dodge dealers in your area or even the US.

Al

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm being told that the red/black ACR will not be made till winter of 08?? To me that should be the first color made.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..I'm being told that the red/black ACR will not be made till winter of 08?? To me that should be the first color made...

"Winter" is correct..... This coming Winter ends 3/21/2008........You need to find an accurate new source to tell you things. Try one of the VCA's preferred dealers? Alphabetically: BUHLER, RINGOLD, ROANOKE, TATOR, WOODHOUSE, or perhaps a knowledgable dealer of your own choosing. "Knowledgable" is the operative word.

Good Luck.....it can be a ONE PHONE CALL process to order an ACR..

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it would be too hard to write down what you want & then call your favorite neighborhood dodge dealer....

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is available for immediate ordering and I suspect the first ones will be down the line in the next 60-90 days. As for pricing, here you go:

MSRP on 2008 SRT10 Coupe: $85,210
Destination Charge: $850
Gas Guzzler Tax ($3k in '06): $1,700
Total Monroney Label: $87,760

Selected Standard Equipment
18" frt/ 19" rr Forged Polished Alum Wheels - 5 spoke
3 Season High Performance Tires - non run flat with tire fit kit
(Tire fit kit n/a/w Radio Delete, ACR Only)
High Performance Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Manual Seat Adjust and Recline
Single zone manual A/C
Single CD w/ 6 speakers + Subwoofer and Amp
Remote Keyless Entry
Manual tilt steering column
Dual Map Lights
ABS
Dual Side Exhaust
Fog Lamps
HID Headlamps
Power Adjustable Pedals
SRT Track Experience
Cargo Compartment Carpet (n/a/w ACR)

Options
Optional Wheels (n/a/w ACR) $700
"H-Spoke", 18"/ 19" Polished
"Razor", 18"/ 19" Polished
Dual Painted Stripes: $3,000
w/ Aero Group or Two Tone Delete $3,300
  • White
  • Silver
  • Black
  • Graphite
  • Red
Hydrographic Interior Bezels $695
  • Light Arc IP Bezel
  • Graphite IP Bezel
Navigation Radio RB1 $1,790
includes Sirius Satellite Radio
Protection Group $450
  • Incl Embroidered Floor Mats $150
  • Incl Car Cover (n/a with Aero Group or ACR)
Aero Group (n/a/w ACR) $6,500
  • Incl Front Splitter Spoiler (w/o extension)
  • Incl Rear Wing Spoiler (smaller than w/ ACR)
Two Tone Interior (4 color choices) $495
  • Black/Red
  • Black/Blue
  • Black/Slate
  • Black/Tan
Standard Exterior Paint $0.00
  • Viper GTS Blue
  • Viper Black
  • Viper Red
Premium Exterior Paint $600
  • Snakeskin Green
  • Venom Red
  • Viper Violet
  • Viper Very Orange
  • Viper Blue
Competition Group (ACR) $12,050
  • Ft Facia w/Aero Plates Ground Effects
  • Front Splitter Spoiler
  • Rear Winged Spoiler
  • Anti-lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
  • with light weight two piece rotors
  • ACR Badge (replaces body side badges)
  • Delete Fog Lamps
  • Black Center Band Two Tone Paint
  • Competition Suspension
  • 295/30ZR18 345/30ZR19 Perf Tires
  • 18x10.0 19x13.0 Frgd Sidewinder Wheels
ACR Driver Stripe $1,650
Delete Black Center Band Two Tone Paint $(575)
Radio Delete/********* Package (ACR) $0.00

Base MSRP $85,210

Base MSRP + destination + Gas Guzzler Tax Charge $ 87,760

ACR Base $99,810
ACR Max with center stripe $104,095
Max Coupe (ACR w/ two tone delete, dual stripes, etc.) $106,415

Oh, and if you want to see what one of the folks working on the ACR has to say about its development, read this:

Chrysler Blog - Most Capable Viper... EVER

Just ignore that they accidentally put Comp Coupe pictures up instead of the ACR - the same guys that got Avi so upset when they posted the wrong pricing and wouldn't fix it. :D

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris....Hey that's not the ACR. Are you sure that your pricing out an ACR & not a Cheap Imation of the Comp Coupe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets