ANYBODY SEEN HRE 541'S ON A VIPER?

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANYBODY SEEN HRE 541\'S ON A VIPER?

Has anybody seen HRE 541 wheels on a viper yet? If so could you post a picture on this site. Also has anybody heard the 3 inch corsa cat-backs on a viper. Maybe someone could use the 15 second digital video mode on some digital cameras, and post this on the web so we could hear the sound roar by. Thanks Dennis Kimball.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ANYBODY SEEN HRE 541\'S ON A VIPER?

There is a Viper being sold at Premier Auto near St. Louis that appears to have HRE wheels. Don't know if they're the series 541 though. The web site is www.premiercars.com

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Dennis,

I ALMOST bought the 541's. At the last minute switched to the
540. I have a couple of pics with a viper w/ 541's. Unfortunately there on my other computer which is experiencing technical difficulties right now.
If you call John Wallace at HRE (get # from web site) he can send
you the pics.
Several people told me that the 541 look a little....funky
One guy who sent me a pic of his 541 had already sold the wheels and got different ones?!?!
However, if you like them GET THEM!

Fast Eddie

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, the 541s look odd...check out their website. http://www.hrewheels.com

I would recommend 540, 543, 545 or 546. These are my personal faves. Hennessey uses the 546 on the Venoms. and you can have them powder coated. Check out their website!
You must be registered for see images

AZVIPERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dennise,

I too have been looking at the 541's. If you get a picture with them on a Viper, please post it. I am torn between the 540 and 541's. ViporXXX: how do you like the 540's? If you get your computer working, can you post any pictures you have of either?
cool.gif

Reaction score

Wow! HRE can gold plate the center sections of their wheels! Dennis, you should definitely get THAT!!
laugh.gif

Our shipment of Corsa 3" cat-backs should be arriving any day now, and as soon as we get one on a car, I'll let the Board know so all you locals can come by for a listen. We'll also do a before-and-after dyno test to check Corsa's claim of 18hp and 32ft/lb. torque at the rear wheels.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I should be able to post pics of 541 HRE's by tonight 8/22.
I bought the HRE540's, I am very happy and big smile on my face
every time I look at them!!!
Only one surprise....the 540's polished chrome "lip" is different (Deeper) on the rear wheels then the fronts. I wasn't expecting this...all HRE pics show the deeper wheel lip. However everyone I spoketo say this is correct.
Having said that...I LOVE'EM

Fast Eddis

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not sure what type of HRE wheels these are, but they are HRE's and I like them. They were on the car when I bought them. The guy I bought the car from paid $8000 just for the rims. I can find out, what style if you like them, I have the receipt at home.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is another angle:

BS99GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

R2Silver, Those look like the HRE 547's, I was looking at those last week on their website. I really liked the look but had never seen them on a Viper. I got a price on them, but it was mentioned to me that these may be the weakest series of HRE wheels built.
Have you had these (or I guess the car) for awhile, have you experienced any problems? I was thinking of putting them on my GTS and also maybe having them chromed by HRE, it appears that yours are? I like the look on your car.

Bruce Siegal
Germantown, TN
99 GTS Black w/Silver Stripes

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce,
I just bought the car last week. But the guy I bought the car from did have problems with his first set of these HRE wheels. In fact he broke some of the spokes in the stars on the rear wheels. HRE, had actually contacted him coincidently about the wheels they made for him and said they had made them too thin, when they made them. He was reimbursed with the same wheel molded stronger and new tires. I know HRE will stand behind there product strongly, because my friend has HRE's on his Supra and hit a large *** hole and bent one, he called HRE and they replaced it for free. The new set of HRE wheels have been on the car for a year now and there is no problems with them.
Everybody seems to like the look of the wheels, heck I get more compliments on the wheels than I do the car.
I think if you are worried them breaking with all the torque and power, you probably do not have to worry about it. After all, all their wheels are made for top dollar cars and there reputation is at stake. Just my opinion. I like the wheels a lot and they would have been my choice if I had $8000 to drop.

I have some large close up pictures too, I can not post them so if want to see them let me know I can e-mail them to you.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the HRE 540's and I'm very happy with them. I got the polished wheels, which are a bit more expensive and require more care than, for instance, anodized black. There are several different models of HRE wheels that i've seen, but the 540's are by far the most popular.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You don't need to check, those are 547's I have the same set on my 96gts in 19" and I think if you ask anyone in the northeast who have seen them on my car there just plain awsome.HRE wheels are just the ferrari of wheels period.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 541's look great. They were on Gary's "pre-chiller car". $8,000 for the wheels???? Sounds like that guy was drinking the mind bending water. I paid $3,700 for my $546 wheels. HRE's are great wheels, mostly for looks, not sure about racing.

BS99GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

R2Silver, I would appreciate the close-up's, are your's chromed or just polished and clearcoated? Thanks

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Guys

I agree the HRE wheels are one of the finest!
$8000 sounds kinda high if you ask me. I just installed the
540's on mine a paid $4490. They were polished,clearcoated,
Viper Center caps, all hardware and deivered to my door for that
price. Check with Jon B for pricing, he is an authorized HRE dealer.

Fast Eddie

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, maybe he was pulling my chain about the $8000. Or maybe he was including the Michelan Pilot tires as well.
I do not know, I will have to look at the reciept.
I saw at HRE's web page that they are not that much.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4