Anybody smoke in their Viper???

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know this is sacrilege but wuz wondering how many viper smokers smoke in their viper? and to clarify, i mean smoke cigarettes or cigars or whatever, not smoking viper owners...

if you do i suspect you'll share in the aggravation over the ashtray location. i truly do not think they could have located or designed a worse ashtray. it's located under the freekin' emergency brake and is placed vertical instead of horizontal which cuts your space to dispose of your ash by more than half. dam it jim. too much time & money spent on makin' her go fast and look good and zero time spent on designing an ergonomically correct & useful interior with respect to dash / storage / space...

but i love her just the same. :laugh:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do know of a few but I could never imagine it. Seems too complicated driving that car and smoking at the same time. Kinda like talking on the cell phone and driving a Viper. Hard task.

RT66_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOLLOLLOLLNFAOLMFAOLOLHAHAHALMAO
You've got to be kidding!
Seriously - I smoke but not in my House, Viper, or Boat.

I tried once on my harley - but I lit my shirt on fire!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know this is sacrilege but wuz wondering how many viper smokers smoke in their viper? and to clarify, i mean smoke cigarettes or cigars or whatever, not smoking viper owners...

if you do i suspect you'll share in the aggravation over the ashtray location. i truly do not think they could have located or designed a worse ashtray. it's located under the freekin' emergency brake and is placed vertical instead of horizontal which cuts your space to dispose of your ash by more than half. dam it jim. too much time & money spent on makin' her go fast and look good and zero time spent on designing an ergonomically correct & useful interior with respect to dash / storage / space...

but i love her just the same. :laugh:

Don't you also love how you need to be a contortionist to grab anything in the "glove box", especially while you're driving? I think one of the site sponsors have a cup holder built into the back of the glove door if you leave it open... Maybe I need to take up yoga, but I can't imagine grabbing a big gulp behind me like that while driving.

Oh... (dont get me started). If my left knee gets a little stiff and I flex it a little bit, my kneecap hit's the light switch, turning off the foglights. And am I the only one that can't get hot air out of the vents on cold nights? It insists on blowing underneath... as if the engine heat isnt warm enough there. Sometimes you just need to warm up your fingers a bit.

The Viper is like a gorgeous but psychotic girlfriend. The inside might not make a whole lot of sense, but the outside justifies everything. :)

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" The Viper is like a gorgeous but psychotic girlfriend. The inside might not make a whole lot of sense, but the outside justifies everything "

Could not have said it any better myself.

Patrick Mathias.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ONLY my tires :cool:
Like RT66 Viper...I smoke, but not in my house or Viper.

UVBINBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i smoke in my viper hey its just a car. plus with the top off windows down doing 120 it airs out just fine

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the top is off, I will smoke the whole damn time. If the roof is on, I won't smoke at all. My theory is that if you are driving like 70 MPH, the cigarette smoke is no worse than the exhaust fumes from the guy in front of you.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the top is off, I will smoke the whole damn time. If the roof is on, I won't smoke at all. My theory is that if you are driving like 70 MPH, the cigarette smoke is no worse than the exhaust fumes from the guy in front of you.

...depends on what he's driving. I've seen some old diesels that could give you car a new paintjob from the exhaust itself. Think what that'd look like in your lungs.

OP
OP
charlesj

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The Viper is like a gorgeous but psychotic girlfriend. The inside might not make a whole lot of sense, but the outside justifies everything."

hmmm... girls... i like girls. just something about them is so cool.

lol... nice one warfang... so true... also, i agree about the bloody storage space. makes you twist like a pretzel... i'm afraid one day i will twist & pull something major & be crippled & paralyzed for rest of my life. read some story about a paralyzed dude that had his viper modified to be able to drive it around. i wonder if he was done in by the glovebox??

what do i like to smoke? - black & milds. :smirk:

Reaction score
Smoke in their Viper?

Brakes at open track events.
Rear Tires once in awhile.
Front tires occasionally at the track and usually at an autocross.
Exhaust smoke a couple times (Arrow repair once, my pocket once).

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Um... no.

But from understanding my car used to be quite the heavy smoker herself...