Anybody with Mopar spoilers....

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at putting one on my RT. My concern is possible rust where the holes are drilled. I like the Mopar's look better than the Autoform, but I like the fact that the Autoform doesn't require drilling. Still can't comprehend how the Autoform stays on by just having clamps on the trunk. All imput is much appreciated!!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has been on over a year and is fine....The only rust you would get is on the bolts holding it on as the trunk is fibreglass.....
They do look great though, drilling is easy as you get a template ....
click left for bigger pic..... :headbang: :2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autoform is drilled, but to the inside of the side of the trunk...............no going into the top of the trunk paint like with the Mopar.

Andrew

viper_man40

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Mopar spoiler on my 94 R/T. It looks great and comes with a template. It was very easy to install myself and had a local body shop paint it first for me. Been 160 mph with it and NO problem.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my Mopar spoiler for a few years now. Like you mentioned, I liked the looks better - it just seemed to flow with the R/T's body lines. Sure you got to drill holes, but are you really going to ever take it off? Also since it is a factory supplied option to the car, it really isn't a customization in my opinion. I remember the paint guy who painted and installed my spoiler mentioning that it was a quality spoiler compared to a number of other aftermarket products he has installed on other cars.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar her too.
My Gallery

Not sure if I'll be in trouble for it, but I only used FOUR of the six nuts to tighten it down. ..I just didn't feel like drilling the two 15/16" cut-outs on the underside of the trunklid.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the MOPAR on my 94. I was worried about drilling holes in the trunk but with the supplied template it was a breeze, as said above no need to worry about rust, spolier is plastic and trunk is glass. It's a MOPAR keep it MOPAR. You will definitely like the looks of it when it's installed, changes the look rear completly. :D