Anyone chromed a set of CCW wheels?

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like their SP600 wheel, but the polished finishes always seem to dull over time. I've seen pictures where they look spectacular, but when I've seen them in person actually on a car, they don't have the shine like a chrome finish. I'm not sure if CCWs are clear coated or not, or maybe it's the care of the wheel, but I really want the "bling" of chrome for my Viper.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bare aluminum. Not cleared, and if you actually drive you car, you will spend MUCH time trying to keep them looking good. It will be a loosing and frustrating battle. Get'em chromed, and be done with it.....

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
I just had my 19" 505's Chromed by John @ California Chrome
What a difference! I too was not pleased on how easily the polished finish gets surface scratches. I've Tried Mothers & Wenol polish to help remove the scratches (it helped) but you cant beat the look and finish of Chrome. I also made some custom vinyl sneaky pete logos for the center caps which look **** (ala ACR center cap) I'll take some pictures
& e-mail the to ya & feel free to host them for others to check out. Burt

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too would be interested in seeing pics of these. What did it run to have them chromed and what kind of warrantee did you get on the chrome job?

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of them from CCW that they happened to have sitting in the shop already chromed. 19" 505A's

They are sitting in the garage with brand new tires mounted on them... have not put them on yet... still having fun burning stockee's with the supercharger!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also agree that a polished wheel (and gascap) looks dull compared to chrome done right and Calchrome is the way I'm going to go. Here is an old email from calchrome on cost:

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: CCW Web Page Form Results

> Hi Gerald, I hope you heard about us on the Viper forum. Cost is $150.00
> per wheel and includes the center caps if they are metal. If they are not
> please call me and I can give you an option on what to do if they are
> plastic. Process time is about 7-10 days once the wheels arrive and freight
> (wheels only) is about $100.00 each direction UPS ground service. Please
> contact me when they are coming *** thanks John 661 294-0170

OP
OP
M

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burt, Pictures would be great. I'll host and post them up for others. Thanks. I bet those 505's look awesome chromed.

Gerald, thanks for the pricing info. Given viprvenm's experience I think I'll give CCW a call and see if I can luck out and stumble upon a set of chromed SP600s.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my stock wheels chromed at cal chrome and they came out great. The best way to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang