Anyone data logging with a PLX Kiwi WiFi OBDII?

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title asks... in general, also looking for other geeks that are using their smartphone and/or iTouch devices to log OBDII data.

I have Trackmaster up and running well on my Droid X, but I need another system to log OBDII parameters... any info much appreciated. The goal is integration of overlaid data traces with my GoPro HD track video... 2/3 complete at this point.

All I really want is something cheap (and offline configurable for parameter selection), with either onboard flash memory or an SD card slot. No display needed, just an on/off button...

Rich

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using the PLX with Harry's Lap Timer at the track to pickup and overlay the Throttle and RPM. It works ok. Not really sure the delay time though. I haven't yet invested in Rev or any of the other pure data logging apps.

Richard

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Harry's app will be even more popular with adoption of the new iPhone.

I'm using DashWare to overlay and synch my Trackmaster data onto the GoPro video... nice feature of DashWare is the ability to work with multiple .csv datalogs. Right now, I just need to pick up my tach, throttle position, and brake data.

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would the new iPhone improve harrys lap timer?

Dashcmd app seems to have all the pid logging you are looking for. I haven't played with it much yet.

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just speculating at the time, still hopeful for an iPhone 5. But the 4S, with faster processing and better video, will probably provide better results once Harry's is updated to take advantage of the new hardware.

I did look at DashCommand, and I like it. And I have Torque for the Android platform... just need the datastream.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21