anyone else running paxton with a vec

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i swapped over to a vec on my car i need a tune off someone with close to set up as i have so i will have some kind of tune till i make it to a dyno

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Paxton system comes with a boost/timing controller so it should work fine with your stock computer. The Paxton box subtracts timing and turns on the auxiliary fuel pumps when under boost.

In any event as long as you don't beat on the car you should be fine until you get to a dyno capable of tuning the car. Just avoid high levels of boost. Biggest problem with superchargers are that you can run too lean which causes detonation. Weird things come flying out the block when this happens.

Of course if your VEC has already changed the stock tune, then that's a different story.

OP
OP
V

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well im using split second now and i know i can wire the vec to turn on pumps but i baught the vec2 used so all i have is blank cards no base tune at all if someone is running simmilar set up i could send them a card to copy for me

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
split second here.

get a PM into joseph dell, he knows a lot about the vec with paxtons. maybe he can point you in the right direction. i know he's busy though

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Paxton box subtracts timing and turns on the auxiliary fuel pumps when under boost.

Does it only use the auxiliary fuel pumps under boost? I have an AEM so we did not install the Split Second unit. My pumps come on with ignition but car seems way to rich on start up. Maybe this is why???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude