Anyone going to Moroso? Viper shootout 9/15

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone from here is going? Haven't heard any talk of it nor anything from the South FL VCA regarding the show. I'll be there and I'm going to get some practice this Wednesday night if anyone else want's to join
BURNOUT.gif

You must be registered for see images

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MES, how did the heads improve your motor and nitrous performance.. mile-n-hour and e.t?
Whose heads do you have on the car?
thanks!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool school bus! Can you imagine pulling up to a light next to
that thing, with the bus driver, looking at you, revving the motor. Then he pops a wheelie!

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
MES, how did the heads improve your motor and nitrous performance.. mile-n-hour and e.t?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know yet, I haven't gone to the track to test the new heads yet. They were done by BTR a site sponsor. Are you going to go to the shootout? I'm going to try and go Friday to test them for the first time then to the Mopar show Sunday.

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool school bus! Can you imagine pulling up to a light next to
that thing, with the bus driver, looking at you, revving the motor. Then he pops a wheelie!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen that bus before but they also have snowmobiles that run 9's@140 those guys are crazy
grazy.gif

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I'll be there, although as an expectator.. no Viper here.. just vettes.. I really love the snake and love to see them run. Although all the viper shoot-outs at Morosso that I've seen Vipers turn poor mile-n-hour, if you can call poor 114-115 mph for the stokers. I think is the heat. It gets very hot on sundays at 12:00 noon.. that on top of the humidity has an effect on cars for sure...
Definetly might have to cool it down with the spray
smile.gif

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ben, any chance Doug could be testing that beast of yours on Sunday?? It is a Great opportunity... he does not even have to pop the hood... I just want to see some Sick Mile-n-hour our of that puppy!!

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I'll be there, although as an expectator.. no Viper here.. just vettes.. I really love the snake and love to see them run. Although all the viper shoot-outs at Morosso that I've seen Vipers turn poor mile-n-hour, if you can call poor 114-115 mph
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most stock Vipers I've seen at Moroso trap 115-117 for a track at sea level it seems kind of low, but don't know why. There have been a few with 120-121 traps but they were with better drivers.

Anyway you know you can run your Vette at the Mopar show right? Is your car a ZR1 that traps 144 MPH? I recall someone from Miami that had a modified ZR1 with spray is that you?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; Hey Ben, any chance Doug could be testing that beast of yours on Sunday??

I wouldn't know anything about that
wink.gif
Unfortunately, the forecast right now is for thunderstorms on Sunday, so the races may be rescheduled.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** weather always mess things up down here.
MES, yea that's me with the Zr-1. I might take the Z06 and run it, will try to improve my 13.1 at 110, althoug in the heat of the day I doubt it....
You see how bad the weateher gets here at night.. humidity and heat.. during the dau at the track is worse...
I'm going for sure unless is raining Sunday morning. gates open at 9, so if the **** rain holds off a bit, we might get some runs..
Ben come on!!!.. sure you wnat a nice timeslip with the sick dyno chart.. Right?.. and Doug can drive!

OP
OP
M

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
xsmph that ZR1 sounds like a beast
smile.gif

I've seen several Z06's run at Moroso and they seem to be around 112-113 MPH in the traps which is also low for those cars.

I hope we have at least one high powered Viper show up (hint, hint yellow RT/10
supergrin.gif
). I'd like to see some 140+ traps but so far I don't know of any that's going to show
frown.gif
Being conservative, I would say I'm going to run 10.80@131 but we'll see.

Do you know if Moroso is strict about the 135 MPH rule? (i.e full cage required not just roll bar) They are strict about the ET's but I'm not sure about MPH.