anyone have a license plate camera frame that will fit???

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
02 RT/10...I recently installed a Kenwood KVT-516 indash radio and I love it, makes driving so much funner. It is capable of plug-n-play back up camera, so I purchased a boyo VTL300 metal frame with integrated camera, problem is that the frame will not fit in plate-(well/area). The license plate itself don't even have a 1/16" extra clearance vertically, anyone out there make a camera plate that is exactly same size as actual license plate?? Probably not but just in case thought I'd ask...thanks...

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the Boyo VTL 420, the camera mounts over the top two license plate mounting holes and sits on top of the plate without the use of a full metal frame for support. Clearance shouldn't be an issue then.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just cut the frame off the camera you have. Keep the top holes so you can screw it over your plate and cut the rest of the ring off.
that's exactly what I intended on doing but I measured and it still won't fit because the top of the camera assembly extends slightly higher than the rest of the frame so the holes will be too low. I dunno...waste of money, gotta look for a different one or modify the holes in the frame

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala