Anyone have a problem with HRE's Seiezing to Hub/Rotor?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has had problems with HRE's (particularly in the rear) seizing to the wheel or hub.

While putting my springs on a while ago, had a heck of a time getting the wheels off of the hub. I almost did not think I was going to get the rears off.

These are 19" Chrome wheels on the back of the GTS. Have 17" HRE's on my 95 that have chrome centers and I don't have any problems at all.

I know it's a silly question but was just curious and trying to spare me cursing next time and getting **********.

thanks,
Ed

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes mine get stuck and it takes a good kick to get it loose. But it's never gone past that. Maybe the chrome plating added some thickness and made the ID smaller on the wheel. Mine are polished 547R's.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NAPA has anti-sieze. This has happened to me before with vehicle with aluminum wheels and steel hubs.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Crazy running by this post today. I just spent the evening changing from my 19" HRE C20's to a set of 18" Fikse FM5's and the front pass side was STUCK on like a ****. I had to get a plastic 4lb mallet to convince it to come off.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rears occationally are stuck, but nothing a 5lbs rubber mallet cannot cure.... The hubs are painted/powdercoated, that may have something to do with it too. I'll try to anti seize on back of the rim too, not a bad advice.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably from lack of use.....garage queens frequently have problems with parts sticking together. Nothing a little sunlight won't cure:D

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean this thing was stuck. I was laying on my back and literally kicking it hard, then reached my arms over the back and was jerking it like crazy and the car was sliding on the jackstands on the floor.

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably from lack of use.....garage queens frequently have problems with parts sticking together. Nothing a little sunlight won't cure:D

Common Angela takes it to the work occasionally while I take em to the Strip Joints on 22. When is the next Club event there?

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This happen to a friend that had a set of wheels powder coated. We had to put a 2X4 across the back of the wheel and use a large hammer to get them lose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte