Anyone know the story behind this '96 GTS poster

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the story behind this \'96 GTS poster

Kind of a wired story about how I got this. My wife's car was rear ended last Friday and the adjustor from the insurance company came out to look at her car. (we'd only had it a week btw) Anyway, he saw the Viper in the garage and told me he had a plexiglass poster in his basement of 3-d cutaway Viper and asked me if I wanted it. I said sure, how much for it? He said just give my son a ride in your Viper. Well the son, who is 17, came by today with the poster and I gave him a good ride in my s/c Viper. Here is the plexiglass poster. It's pretty large 30 X 49.5 inches. Was this something originally given to dealers? It's not in mint shape, but not bad for something stored in a basement for 10+ years.

IMG_0123.JPG

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone know the story behind this \'96 GTS poster

Awesome story, I wonder if someone trimmed the poster and mounted it on plexi-glass.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone over at the Alley had the same picture, but it lit up from the back. Your pic. looks like someone cut the background some.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No bad for just having to give someone a ride and it matches your Viper. You lucky dog!
Way to go Pres!

I'd frame in with plexiglass and hang it up! Very cool!

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I sure did. He had a friend come along with his 410 rwhp T.A. (so he says) and follow us. By the time I hit 3rd, I had 2 bus lengths or more on him. The T.A. was loud, but if I had more time I think my wife's Jag would have been a good race with him.

I do want to frame it and get it on the wall in the garage. I'm out of wall space in my office :bummed:

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome story, I wonder if someone trimmed the poster and mounted it on plexi-glass.

Actually, it's reversible (same image on opposite side). I'm wondering if this is the front plexiglass piece for the front of the lit version.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, it's reversible (same image on opposite side). I'm wondering if this is the front plexiglass piece for the front of the lit version.

Since your walls are full you can send it to me, I've got the perfect place for it. :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If someone can get me that poster in a slightly smaller size I'd appreciate it!

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You got a lot more viper scale models than I do. I also have a couple of those racing versions with the little antennas.
I've seen the image in your poster before, but can't remember where.
It's likely it was for a promotion of the new gts in '96.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember when they came out. I think they were an aftermarket sign that someone made. If memory serves, they were not a factory or dealer piece.