Anyone know the VIN of this wreck?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Its' a 2001, not a 1997, as they state. Elsewhere they say its a 1999!

Looks like it was rolled. Needs lots of body panels, miscelaneous stuff, and maybe a frame straightening, or a new frame.

What a great reminder for me to drive safe! These cars get under your skin, you know, and its a short trip for me to make a complete *** out of myself.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know the VIN but I wouldn't bid on that car. It needs at least a wheel, door, roof, hood, fascia, sills, windshield, quarter panel, and some suspension components. Also needs airbags and a full paint job. There is obviously something mechanically wrong since it won't start - could need an engine.

But the real issue is that they say the car is NOT available for inspection before you bid, and you can only inspect it once it is shipped to you after the auction close. They also demand a 30% *NON REFUNDABLE* deposit at close of auction. So basically you pay 30% in 24 hours, then pay the rest and the car shows up. If you don't like it, they might tell you to go screw, or they might give you 70% of your money back.

OP
OP

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was actually just looking to document the car and not actually bid on it. I have been collecting ACR info for a while and wanted to get the VIN to record it. The car does look pretty bad off and the details are real sketchy!

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was actually just looking to document the car and not actually bid on it. I have been collecting ACR info for a while and wanted to get the VIN to record it.

You should compare notes with Bonkers...I believe he documents wrecks too...

Speedstyle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how they always show the picture of the better half. Then you look at the other side and all you can say is "wow! that is in very bad condition".

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think they could get a frontal picture of the car. Of course not. That's what happens when you are trying to deceive people.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I checked into this car as well but recieved no reply. I agree with Brunton, stay far away from these auctions with limited or no information. 46 - I'll drop you a list over the weekend of the ACRs I have documented.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte