Anyone near Raleigh NC to check out a Viper for me?

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
http://www.prestigeautobrokersllc.com/1997_Dodge_Viper_Raleigh_NC_156175214.veh

This is the one that has my interest. I love the GTS, and Red or Yellow really catch my eye. Even though Red seems to be one of the more common colors, it really shines in the sunlight.

The mods on this car look good. I don't really care much about the stereo/amp/speaker upgrades, but the (claimed) new tires, exhaust, and headers are already done. The only thing that concerns me is that CARFAX says it has already had 5 owners. Although I know that sometimes when cars go from one used dealership to another, CARFAX sometimes lists each dealership as an owner.

What do you guys think about the 5 previous owners status?

Ideally, I'd love to have a Red or Yellow GTS, with head/cam, or a ROE. I love the sound of the 708 cam though. I'd love to buy REDSNAKES GTS, but he still hasnt decided whether or not he wants to let it go.

Thanks for the responses BrianGTS. I have just begun talking with the sales man, and if I we can agree on a sale price, I might hit you up to go look at it and drive it to a Dodge dealership for an inspection that I will pay for.

What do you guys think?

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"What do you guys think about the 5 previous owners status? "

Anyone?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me personally....I wouldn't be too crazy about 5 owners. I realize the car is 15 years old, but I think you may be able to find a sweet 1-2 owner car if you keep looking. If your going for the 708 cam, it will be 1999 or earlier which I love as well. Of course, it all comes down to price too. If you can get a great deal, it may be worth it as it does have some nice mods. Looks like it's in good shape from the pictures. Does it have LED lighting in the lower front fascia....looks like it from the pics. That is interesting. Were you able to speak with them yet?

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brian, I got him to send me a video of it at idle, and it sounds really nice. Havent been able to talk to him after that. I'm about to work a CRAZY schedule here for the next week and a half at the Republican National Convention here in Tampa, so I dont know if I will be able to reach him for a week or so.

Also, there is a red ROE GTS that was just posted for sale. It's a farther distance away though, up in the southern part of Canada.

How do you like your 01 Roe? Is it a GTS? Any interst in selling? :D C'mon you can survive with the other two you have listed in your signature, haha.

Well, I thought I'd at least ask.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it is a GTS....yellow with black stripes. The ROE is fantastic. I installed it myself and Sean really did a nice job on the system. All of the hardware is A-1 quality. Power is essentially immediate and comes on strong no matter where you are on the tach. It's a really nice system and I would highly recommend. Unfortunately, I can't sell it. The Gen II's are my favorites. I've considered selling my 09 though as of late...only 2,500 miles. :)

If I were in your shoes, I'd look for a 96-99 with the 708 cam as you mentioned. I just love how my 99 rumbles and shakes around at idle. :)