Anyone near Roswell Georgia?

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping someone would live near Roswell Georgia and could inspect a 2000 ACR I am interested in buying to be sure it is all they say it is. It is at
Palmer Dodge.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could. But I caution you on Palmer Dodge. If you really want me to take a look, I will. But they are not a trustworthy bunch. I wouldn't but a bottle of touch-up paint from them...

JD

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS -

run a carfax on it. Palmer is known to sell cars that have been titled many, many times. I looked at a 2003 SRT-10 and it had less than 400 miles on it. Titled FOUR times!!!
and they wouldn't admit it until I showed them the carfax report!!!

They also wouldn't sell me that same car for 82k... they wanted 85k. When I said "I can get a new one for 79.5" they laughed at me and said "bring it by when you get it and we'll buy it from you for that".

punks...

JD

OP
OP
A

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would appreciate you looking at it. please e-mail a phone number and I'll call you now if it's OK or give me a time to call.

[email protected]

Thanks

OP
OP
A

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please send again. I didn't get it. Thanks

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with Joseph on this one. Unless you can not find the type of car you want ANYWHERE else in the country, I would look elsewhere and avoid this dealer. I have personal experience with them as well.

Brad

OP
OP
A

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to take your word for it since I am in Chicago

I saw this car on ebay and waited until the auction ended. Their ebay satisfaction is 100% so that is all I know. I have the carfax, shows one owner. However, I do not have much faith in Carfax. I was looking at buying a wrecked Viper, and ran a carfax on that and it show no major damage. The car was totalled!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you consider this car from reputable dealer, it's on the VCA classifieds:

1 For Sale: SUPER NICE 2001 red ACR 5K MILES 04/12/2004 56500.00 Details
This is a very nice ACR. The car has been well cared for. The car has no damage or paint work. It is stock, and had no modification. We have all the books and the video tape. Trades welcome, financing available, and we can deliver this car in our enclosed trailer. Email with questions, or call Mike toll free at 877-755-1751

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, they laughed at you for telling them you could get a new SRT for 79.5K? Please say you uttered the words "Bill Pemberton" and shut them up.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had never HEARD of Bill OR Woodhouse!

BTW - The guy I was with ended up buying a NEW SRT-10 from Bill for 79.5... it showed up with 2 miles on it less than 2 weeks later...

JD

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not find any active club members willing to go there. If you search the posts you will see many refernces to this dealer. The last out of towner didnt follow our advice claiming he isnt getting the car serviced there just buying it, an early post this week tells of his pain. Do what you want but why bother.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not find any active club members willing to go there. If you search the posts you will see many refernces to this dealer. The last out of towner didnt follow our advice claiming he isnt getting the car serviced there just buying it, an early post this week tells of his pain. Do what you want but why bother.

*raises hand* Yep, that was me. I knew what I was getting into from the other VCA members here and believe me, if I didn't have a competent tech, I probably wouldn't have gotten into it. My car was "perfect as far as he could tell except for some knicks on the front fascia."

Car:
Wiring harnesses were screwed up.
Missing quite a few bolts.
Some clamps weren't secure.
Front driver wheel bearings need replaced.
Knicks on the driver's side door along hinge.
Hinge doesn't work.
No insulation in the side sill rocker panels!
Rear Defrost doesn't work.
Front rotors are cracked.
Lots of excess wiring.
Speedometer stopped working when VEC1 was installed.

My tech is a great guy who is very competent. I am in the process of modding out the car anyways (exhauste, eradispeeds etc.), so the above problems don't bother me a ton, but it's just a hassle.

By the way, I saw my car I traded in on ebay and it wasn't described as I knew it.... ;)

Only main reason I went with the GA dealership was the trade-in price they gave me and I didn't want the hassle of trying to sell a 96 rt. Am I happy I got the blue/white 97? You bet! Will I ever go to that GA dealership again? Nope!

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRGTS........

Is this the color combo that you are intrested in? If so, I may let mine go.....

Same color, ACR, 7300 miles, 20 months of FULL factory warranty (in service late 02), headers, exhaust, flywheel, T&D's, etc,.....I bought it from the original owner with 5400 miles!
I'd probably let it move in the lower $60's.......didn't know if you had an intrest, just thought I'd mention it!

Just let me know!!

OP
OP
A

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 1Tony1, Thanks for the tip, I made a deal on this car today. They will deliver it next Friday. A better deal for sure.

A BIG thanks to Joseph Dell for looking at the one at Palmer for me. I really appreciate this. The deal on the 2001 was to good to pass up though.

Thanks to everyone else for the input. I appreciate the help. Looks like I'll be a regular around here!!