Anyone's thoughts on handling of the ACR vs. Regular GTS

Reaction score
Re: Anyone\'s thoughts on handling of the ACR vs. Regular GTS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dgeviper1:
Many guys have told me not to waste the extra money on the ACR. Who has driven both the ACR and GTS? and how do you compare?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dan -
I own both the ACR and GTS. They both are fantastic drivers. When I drive my GTS I feel it's more than enough car for me - But when I drive my ACR it's like night and day. The ACR is more pleasing for high speed handling and makes for more fun to "flick around." If you can swing the extra cash I would put the ACR on your Christmas list. For certain you can dress the GTS like an ACR, but it won't be badged or titled as an ACR.

Good luck Dan!
Doug
smile.gif

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go buy a 01 GTS from a major discount at your favorite dealer. Before you drive it put a set of Moton double adjustable shocks on it and a lighter set of wheels. Take the extra money that you've saved and buy a Big Brake package that bolts on and then buy an airbox with K&N's. Then buy a complete exhaust system with headers. Install some TeamTech harnesses.

You now have and ACR+ for way (WAY) less money.

Just my .02.

Regards,

Reaction score

David:

ACR Option = $10,000 (discounted $8800 at your favorite dealer?). Buy it and drive it.

K&Ns and Smooth Tubes = $
Shocks = $$$
Wheels = $$$$
Harnesses = $$
Labor (or Do it youself and sell removed parts?) = $$

Total ?????? = Way (way) less?

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Didn't know about the discount which is substantial. How much is a striped GTS 2001 from Woodhouse? Let's start there.

The ACR shocks are too soft and they squeak and rattle. Search this board for more details.

The BBS wheels are great in every respect buy your paying a premium for them in this package.

The ACR belts typically rub due the the installation.

I bought a 2000 GTS with strips for $69K. I added Moton Shocks and springs for $4,500 and my Big Brakes ($4,798 full retail). I sold my factory wheels and new tires and bought light weight (strong) Forgeline Wheels and new tires. The wheels were an equal $$$ trade except better as the factory wheels are HEAVY. I lowered the car, scaled and balanced it. It was fast and a pleasure to drive.

For the remaining difference you could add more mods. With today's discounts who knows.

Regards,