Appology and Thanks, (about last post)

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lent my account out to a friend to see if he had balls to diss the viper in front of the owners and enthusiast themselves. He did it and forgot to mention an important something in his first post... That it was not me posting that!

Now here is his original post that was carelessly put together

First off, I can go buy a vette for only 52k with every single option. A maxed out Viper would cost over 90k. So, with that 38k I have left over, I can add some simple bolt on's, and easly get over 500hp, and get a car that can easly beat out the viper.

Next off, the new vette's interior, verses the Viper. I drove the new viper once and hated the seats. they have almost no support, and are hard as rock. It is extreamly loud, and unpleasent. As for the vette, it is nice and quited, yet can be loud. Yet the seats are nice, and everything is nicely layed out.

Finally, the Vipers proformance numbers. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds with a v-10? Yet the Vette with the new LS2 can hit it in 4.2, and with a blower, it can easly do 3.8, and maybe even a 3.6-3.7. I will still be under the 80k base price when I do this. And in 2006, with the new Z06 vette, it is said that it can hit 60 in 3.8 seconds. I will still have about 30k to spend on upgrades.

So, all in all, the Viper is a bad car. They sell you more than you get, and it just isn't worth the money.

Oh, and one other thing. The warranty. With the viper, it clearly says in more words that if you do a burn out, or go racing, you have voided the warrenty. In the vette's case, you have the same problem, yet I wouldn't mind not having a warrenty for a car only costing 50k instead of 80k.

Ok who is getting sick of corvette owners using the same argument? A mustang can be modded to beat a corvette, can it not? When that's brung up they usually mutter things about weight and other non-sence.

People in the future won't be able to make this argument, because year after year, the corvettes get more expensive! And just a question, what are these mods going to bring at resale, may I ask? Exactly, the viper will hold it's value much better than a corvette on steriods!

As for warranty, it is the same with all car manufactuers... And not only that the viper warranty is better than the corvette! Tell me, Why would GM or Dodge give a warranty to a street racer who abuses his car more than his girlfriend?
Duhhh!

And now my friend seems to be comparing cars that don't exist!

Yet the Vette with the new LS2 can hit it in 4.2, and with a blower, it can easly do 3.8, and maybe even a 3.6-3.7.

And a 89 prototype will still be able to school it! Well since he says that, then let us bring the SRT/10 Coupe into this! 600 HP vs 400 HP .... Simple bolts on won't get you anywhere.

If your comparing cars, you compare cars STOCK. I don't want to see a 92 RT/10 being compared to a 2020 Corvette that doesn't even exist.

For those who actually still think that was me that made that post, ya'd think I'd change my profile and remove the "All day I dream about vipers" part?

I've waited for a long time to post this... And I thank Vipermad for re-instating me.

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any car can be modded and then compared to more capable cars, as you said stock is the way to go for comparison.

You can say all you want about the C5 or C6, in the end it's not a Viper and there is nothing like a Viper. I used to have a C4 and never again as long as the Viper exists. My friend has an '03 Z06 and just walking around it, let alone driving it, and then walking around a Viper and you will know which is the more serious performance machine. The Viper has unlimited capabilities to be modified and plus a gawk factor and raw sex appeal that the Corvette can never touch. The V10's thrust is punishing and should not be compared to a V8. The Viper is pure performance and it's serious about it with no apologies and looks to match. Arguing about .02-.04 seconds and price differences is immaterial in front of what the Viper is all about, its exclusivity and the statement it makes. It simply kicks ass and is rare in its own way. King of the road in my opinion. Getting into a Corvette all I feel is that it is a suped up GM car in every way you can see and feel. The Viper is not that at all. The Viper is a state of mind and level of performance all in its own, which in my opinion is superior to that of the Corvette.

I am planning to get the SRT coupe in April 2007 and nothing else.

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really though... Can a viper beat an enzo? Can it beat a Mclaren? A viper can be modded with the same amount of money to beat the fastest stock production car in the world! A corvette with that money can just "barely" beat a viper. So 90,000 plus 20,000 Is equal to 110,000! And you can beat a Mclaren!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sink money "wisely" into ANY CAR and it will beat a Mclaren/Enzo/962 etc.....Money is the great equalizer. end of discussion :smirk:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Well said, SnakeBitten

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960