Are the stripes on an 08 coupe

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the stripes on an 08 coupe clear coated over after they are painted on? Or is the car painted and cleared BEFORE the stripes are painted on?

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 08 org/blk coupe it appears they are under the clear coat. Not buried as you can still notice the edge. *****

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, the cars are painted prior to striping. Actually, the body panels are painted and clear-coated prior to assembly. The cars are then striped by a contractor facility (used to be Prefix) by painting then a top clear coat. The reason why you can feel a ridge on the edge of the stripes.

OP
OP
D

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, just seem like they should be a bit smoother on the edge....but if it is OEM, then no worries.

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was my thought too. Even considered reclearing the stripes....for about a half an hour and then talked to my body shop buddy who told me I was absolutely nuts. Got to love a guy who gives up a job in view of an honest answer. For a production car the finish and stripes are well within limits of most expectations....but if compared to a 20K+ custom paint job, no way. *****.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang