Artist at my work painted my GTS!

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank God! I was expecting to see a real Viper with dolphins painted on the hood

I was expecting to see a McViper, being driven by Ronald McDonald, going through the drive-through at McDonald's to order a Number 2 so he could........well.....take a number 2.:flush:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was expecting to see a McViper, being driven by Ronald McDonald, going through the drive-through at McDonald's to order a Number 2 so he could........well.....take a number 2.:flush:[/quote

I was expecting a McViper in front of a ******* painted up like the squad car advertising the chicken wing place on Reno 911.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good work, it's inspiring, thanks for sharing!

I saved my old artwork from the high school days, mind you these below are over 20 years old, drawings are 18"x 24", I have a box full of this stuff, funny how things in life change, I'd like to get back into it, time flies eh'..

http://www.wincom.net/mnllehti/Grade_10.jpg
http://www.wincom.net/mnllehti/Grade_11a.jpg
http://www.wincom.net/mnllehti/Grade_11b.jpg

Excellent work! I'm looking forward to the day I get back into drawing. It used to be a great way to pick up chicks.

The computer stuff looks great and takes talent but to me there is something that just isn't as impressive as classic freehand art. I guess I would call the computer stuff the "ABS" of the artworld. :)

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck. I was chatting with a chief designer at Ford years ago (I also supported the Ford studio / body design for a couple years, CAD consulting stuff.. in Dearborn, MI), then sharing old drawings asking what he went thru to get where he is at today, any challenges, etc.. here's a blurb out of one of our email exchanges.. Heck I was just impressed he took the time to chat and look at some of my old stuff. He owns an original Hemi drag car too. Sounds like good advice for anyone interested in automotive design, just to sharing this exchange with anyone / students interested starting a new career.

Check out his artwork / webpage, see under the ...more news link for his Probe drag car and more art pics..

Michael,
Thanks for the email and sharing the sketches and photos. When you get
a chance, please check out my website at www.speedimages.com , there's
more artwork there. And an old race car that I have. Although it's
a competitive field, it doesn't require inside connections or relatives
at the top! It requires talent and determination and most importantly a
top education at one of the few colleges that specialize in
Transportation Design (like Detroit's College of Creative Studies).
Your drawings should have made you entry into the school acceptable,
they're better than those that I used in my entry portfolio to Art
Center!
Ed Golden
Chief Designer - Ford Truck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member