Attention getter

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped by the local C&C today, did so the first weekend I got the car nearly two months ago.

I think the only car with more gawkers was the F40 that was there (drool)

You must be registered for see images attach

Also finally got the car tinted today. Stupid VA only allows 50% on the sides, so thats what I went with. Looks much better with just 50!

99sh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the guy kicking your front bumper grill is you!

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice.

Yeah i woke up at 0700 and was going to head into DC to take some pics around the monuments and remembered it was Sat morning. Always a fun crowd. It is nice to see kids there enjoying the cars - we need more car people.

Someone there with a black / white Gen 2 ACR, not sure who (saw them driving away)

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That F40 guy wasn't there when I went. Jack get his number so I can make the trip again when I'm back to see it.

Car is pure sex on wheels. He drives it all the time. I have followed him on I-66 a few times.

Great to see someone enjoying such an awesome car.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rarely ask guys (especially Ferrari guys) for their phone numbers, but for you John....

Remember we shared dog photos. Were practically dating. Ill give you a heads up before I come down. It most likely will be December and I most likely will have my Viper with me since I am going to be storing it in VA. Don't ask why, ill talk about it later.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped by the local C&C today, did so the first weekend I got the car nearly two months ago.

I think the only car with more gawkers was the F40 that was there (drool)

Also finally got the car tinted today. Stupid VA only allows 50% on the sides, so thats what I went with. Looks much better with just 50!

Boy, to you EVERYONE is just stupid !!! now VA is STUPID because the DMV limits window tinting....Everyone in VA ?.... is the state itself stupid ? how could anyone pass such a stupid law ? only stupid people, right ?

Is your neighbor next door stupid because his bush is too high ? Is the guy that lives down your block stupid because his dog pooped near your driveway ?

Is the lady in front of you at the check out counter stupid because she could not remember where she left her credit card ?

Is everyone really stupid, or is it the person painting everyone else stupid ? You got a big paint brush of stupid in your hand.....

See, Mr. ViperSNob,

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great Harold, glad your enjoying it! I love the F40, all time favorite Ferrari. I've seen two or three, if ever. I think I've only seen the F50 twice and one of them was yellow.

--RS

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, to you EVERYONE is just stupid !!! now VA is STUPID because the DMV limits window tinting....Everyone in VA ?.... is the state itself stupid ? how could anyone pass such a stupid law ? only stupid people, right ?

Is your neighbor next door stupid because his bush is too high ? Is the guy that lives down your block stupid because his dog pooped near your driveway ?

Is the lady in front of you at the check out counter stupid because she could not remember where she left her credit card ?

Is everyone really stupid, or is it the person painting everyone else stupid ? You got a big paint brush of stupid in your hand.....

See, Mr. ViperSNob,

Umm, what? Virginia is ridiculous with the vehicle laws and taxes. No need to expound on that statement.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see more Gen V owners taking their cars out. The cars really do draw a crowd, but it isn't just limited to the Gen V being new. It is because it is a Viper. Most of the people that come and gawk at our cars don't know the old vs the new, they just like the cars. The true enthusiasts know the new vs old, however.

You didn't happen to see a kid driving around in a black Mustang tossing bags of hate out of his window, did you?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of the car with the 50% tinted windows, as I'll be doing mine next Thursday and debating about doing 50 or 65 (darker) on the sides, back glass will be 80%.
Also will do the clear bra with Expel Ultimate Ultra on front, rocker panels, mirrors and back of wheels.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the process for tinting:

1. Is the tint permanent?

2. Can the tint get into the paint or interior?

3. What is the approximate cost?

4. Is it a custom shop or a glass shop that does the tinting.

5. Are there any real negatives?

Sorry for all the questions, but, this is something that I have not anticipated doing in the past.

OK, I'm always mixed up with these,
So I'm debating if I go 50 or 35 on the sides (law is 70 around here) with 20 on the back

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the process for tinting:

1. Is the tint permanent? It's a film, so no.

2. Can the tint get into the paint or interior? See above. It is a self adhesive film applied to the inside of the glass.

3. What is the approximate cost? I think my Gen II was $300

4. Is it a custom shop or a glass shop that does the tinting. Usually a custom shop. Google 'auto tinting in NE Ohio'

5. Are there any real negatives? No.

Sorry for all the questions, but, this is something that I have not anticipated doing in the past.

Answers above.

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, BlackSnake hit them all. Mine was $280 total for tinting. There was one level above the film I used that was $480, but I didn't see the point in an extra $200. Most films were in the $200-300 range. Make sure you get ones that don't interfere with radio signals (most don't anymore)