Attention VCA Officers - Past and Present

OP
OP
B

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to openly apologize to past and present VCA officers Ron Hickey, Don Boston, Steve Ferguson, and Joe Houss. I would also like to apologize to the membership in general for my ranting. My commentary of events having taken place as far back as two years ago was over-dramatized to make a point; that point being: “We all make mistakes!”

We can agree that the one common thread that brings us together is “pride of ownership.” This is indisputable; the reason we somehow tolerate our differences. The piece that is lacking here today is “pride of membership.” If this were present, most of us would gladly forfeit our dues without complaint. The fact that half of this board’s active membership is elsewhere is evidence enough that something is broken.

Joe, as you may recall, you and I have exchanged email on the issue of censorship going back almost three years. When Tony Rickard was moderating, the issue of censorship was very much under control. Tony should be the standard by which today’s censorship issues are measured. He made people feel good about association with this board, and the primary reason I joined the VCA. I sought no other value. Over the last six months, folks have been banned, postings deleted without due process or explanation, and moderators have exhibited excessive control over the membership. Is there a reason for this shift in policy? At one time I frequented this place daily, now I can barely muster the energy to visit once a week and argue my point. People are losing interest both here and with the Viper in general. One local dealer has been advertising the same two new Vipers for months without success. The ship needs to be righted before it sinks.

Just as I have apologized for my mistakes above, some of the current moderators and VCA leadership need to do likewise to some of folks that have departed. We all make mistakes, but you’re not a man if you can’t admit to them.

No hard feelings, and Happy Holidays to all,

Reaction score
Rick,

Thanks for your post.

This site originally had no official affiliation with the VCA. Jay's personal love of the Viper community created this site then he transitioned it to be the official VCA site.

I visited this site many times a day before it became the official VCA site. So to me this site and VCA membership are not connected. This just happens to be one of the benefits of Viper ownership. And VCA membership is not required to visit or post.

I have had post pulled and felt that excessive control was being exercised. But at the end of the day it is nice to have a site that is civil.

The VCA is many thing to many people and your pride of ownership is certainly high on the list.

I really enjoyed watching Viper's kick ASP in the FIA/Le Mans/ALMS races. And hope that DC gets ORECA back at Le Mans in the Viper.

The entry fee to be a VCA member is a very small price to pay for the privilege to be a member of the "Best Car Club in the World".

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, no need to apologize to me, I was just trying to get an understanding of what you were referring to? Have a great Holiday as well.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Happy Happy Holidays to all as well. Rick, we endorse your input, and hope that the new year (and the new site policies) brings you back in the fold!