August ? Pocono?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: August ? Pocono?

Sean:

Courtney is a "her".
Whoops, thanks for enlightening me, Greg. If you wondered why I thought Courtney was male is because my last friend with the name Courtney is male. I just thought with most racers being men, nothing sexist meant by it.
Please forgive me Courtney.

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Well, that was a dissapointment! I got up, filled the car with gas, and headed to Pocono. I arrived at the track at about 9:30. I couldn't wait to get in, because I could hear the roar of engines inside. So I pulled up to the gate at the tunnel and asked the guard where spectators could park. He told me spectators weren't allowed. I was pretty upset. So I turned around and drove a little furher, looking for another gate. I found that gate 4 was open, but there was a sign that read "Authorized Personnel Only; Trespassers will be Prosecuted". Still, I thought maybe I'd be able to catch a glimpse of the cars, so I went in. I then literally drove around the track, unable to see anything due to the high banks of the race track. Since I couldn't see anyhting, I decided to head back to the tunnel to try to convince the guard to let me in. Again I was told I wasn't allowed unless I was with the group. I figured that at this point my chances of getting in were nonexistent, so I headed home without ever seeing one Viper. Maybe next time I guess.

-Kurt

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kurt:
You should have been able to get in. Can't figure that one out.

But.....THANKS NJ Club for a GREAT DAY !!!!!!!! Perfect weather, perfect amount of cars....not to many, great competition on the track........not dangerous, NOT slow, but still competative, lunch hit the spot, everyone couldn't have been nicer!!!

Adel: Next time I'll have an assortment of drill bits.

Andrew

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One suggestion for next time: The Ferrari club uses a large map of the track course that they show during the driver's meeting. It is helpful for the less experienced drivers. They point out the line and reference marks.

I was out with one guy who really had no clue where he was going. He was a little better after a few laps, but very nervous.

Andrew

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Wish I could've been there! I heard there was an SRT-10 flying down the straights!

Great Job Adel!

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kurt,

Next time you should just say to the gate person that you're there for the Viper Club event. There were spectators, flaggers, and family members who attended.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was an awesome day!!! Thanks Adel, Tony, Chris and all the volunteers. Great instruction provided by Tony and Chris.

speedpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Adel and all who helped put on the event. It was great. I burned over two tanks of gas. Got some good run time. The front straight was terminating at 155 and a few 165 mph terminal speeds coming to the tunnel turn. Ed great running with you as we played for many miles.

#316 Corvette
John Shiels

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4