Autoweek article

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read the Autoweek article regarding the new Viper. It seemed like a reasonably researched article and pretty much agreed with the postings on this site.

The impression I got from the article was not that the DC people were so much interested in the needs and desires of the present Viper community but of the future Viper community.

I was in Fort Worth last week and got a view of the committee that probably met to discuss the changes in the shape of the Viper. I was a little floored to realize the guy who had "penned" the Viper had worked for Toyota at one time.

Here's the committee.

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing about it is this.

When dealing w/ new cars and new car sales:

Don't you think that if more people could afford a Viper they would buy one? <u>Think about that for a minute and let it sink in!</u> Most people go w/ Corvette, Supra, Honda, Z06, SS, and others because they simply can't afford a Viper!!! Period! Let's be real. It's all about dollars & cents! Half the Viper haters out there right now, hate because they want one so bad & can't afford it! WE ALL KNOW THAT"S TRUE! What "future" Viper community are they trying to reach? Somebody in DC's on crack!
That said, you think raising the price tag on the SRT is going to attract more people!? A new Viper community!? They'll just be that many more people out there who can't afford it! The only large group that'll substantiate such a purchase, is the group that you've already got in your pocket! US! The VCA! You'd think they'd try and make <u>us</u> ALL happy, sell a s*** load of SRT's/SGTS's & at the same time capture a new market!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude