Avid Viper Fan is Tragically Killed

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Barry,

Give my heartfelt blessing to your friends. I have a 20 year old son who could be this young man's twin brother, and I can not, nor would I want to dwell, on how devastating it would be to his mother and I if we lost him. It is so much more depressing to think it was due to such unconscionable circumstances. I must say that the aforementioned thought that Paul Mumford was welcoming him with open arms, and teaching him in the ways of the Snake, caused me to pause for breath also. We all have a passion for this car, and that signature feeling is why even though we didn't know this young man, your sharing touches us all. This is not a happy situation , but thanks for sharing and God Bless.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - you guys are just the best!!! 31 responses in 24 hours - I'm quite touched.

I never expected to get so many responses - and I know it will mean a lot to Ray, Michele and Hannah that fellow Viper enthusiasts and owners across the miles care at all...

I'm going to email this link to them and I'll post their response back for you all to read.

Thank you all. Ray told me he is seriously thinking about a Viper now in his future - as he shared his sons dreams... now he'll know the wonderful community he'd be getting into

:2tu:

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My deepest respects and condolences to you and the family. We will have him in our thoughts and prayrs

Zach

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to here the bad news.
My daughter's roomate's dad was killed last week when a pick-up truck ran a stop sign and he ran into the side of the truck on his motorcycle. Life is so precious, yet far to short.
800 people, WOW he obviously touched a lot of people.
I hoping I'll have 8 folks attend when I go.

TorqueMaiden

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone....you're all simply - amazing. Torqui and I appreciate your prayers and words of comfort as I know Ray, Michele, and Hannah will.

Lawrence will be one "turbo charged" viper student for Paul...he was known as "Random Cobb" at university because he was always popping in to random courses simply for the love of learning.

God bless each of you and keep you safe through the upcoming holidays.

Along for the ride,
TorqueMaiden
(he only lets me in the passenger seat) :p

alabamaacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry, Ray, Michele, and Hannah,
I am deeply saddened to learn of the loss of Lawrence.
I once read a touching poem about the passage from life to the after life.
The only thing I can remember is the end.
As the dying man exhaled his final breath, a loved one stated "He is gone."
At the same instant, the LORD said, "He has arrived."
Take comfort in knowing that Lawrence is in a better place.
May GOD bless and strengthen you as only HE can.
You are all in my prayers.

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray and Michele have read all these posts and wish to send their sincere thanks for everyone's kind words.

Thanks guys - you are the best!

Ray says to tell you all that the next time you give your Vipers a boot full of throttle - chances are Lawrence won't be far away enjoying the whole experience :D

Ray wishes to join the community himself a bit later - and I have little doubt that once he samples his first real Viper owning one won't be too far after that ;) :headbang:

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I lost my husband over two years ago (has it been that long?) my Viper Family came through. I have no words of condolence to offer...I've never lost a child. But I DO know the pain of loss. You just have to take things one day at a time...and keep on keepin' on. My prayers are with you...

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the wallpaper found on Lawrences laptop when he died. This represented his dream home and dream garage. He wrote of it in his diary re goals etc.

Does anyone know this pic - where/who? I know that Ray has said he wants to build a similar house as they have plenty of timber (he owned his own mill).

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for an update:

Lawrences dad fulfilled his late sons biggest dream this week by buying this in his memory.

It is one of 26 Vipers converted to RHD by CHRYSLER in Australia. This is one of 4 sold in New Zealand and is registered new as a 2004 car with new car warranty and demo miles.

Notice any diferences in the rear?

Pics show proud dad - Ray, and another with Lawrences sister - an EQUALLY proud and delighted Hannah!

Imagine the envy when Hannah is allowed to drive that to school! :headbang: and yes - she can drive, and drives well! :2tu:

Enjoy Ray, Michele and Hannah - Lawrence would be so happy to see this!

4868Cobb_RT10_Viper.jpg

4868Cobb_Viper_Ray.jpg

4868Cobb_Viper_with_Hanna-med.jpg

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that is wonderful. I bet Lawrence is riding along side with his father. That car has his name written all over it! :2tu: Best of luck and health to his family. Lawrence is really happy right now. I bet PMUM is bringing him up real good.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see a loving father make good on his sons wishes. I don't know the son involved, but know that everytime that car is started that someone above is smiling down on you. Take care and enjoy the car as much as your son would have.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry I'm sending my deepest sympathies to you and your friends family. I was biking and was hit by a drunk driver that passed out behind the wheel 10 years ago. My mom almost died as she was hit by a drunk driver 5 years ago. We were both very lucky not to have had any severe injuries. But I have to say its moments like these that we immediately learn how fragile we all are and that our lives can change in a split second because of someones negligence. It also teaches us to live everyday to its fullest because none of us know for sure what tommorrow will bring. Your positive influences and differences you made in his life will not be forgotten. Most of all he will not forget them.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Damn! I hate to hear things like this and he died over an idiot drunk driver! I have no words right now....my condolences to the family and you!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sincere condolences to the family. That is a very sad story. Glad to see the dad got to fulfill one of his sons wishes. By the way, they live in New Zealand?

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Barry-
As someone who has also had a similar loss recently, I can feel the pain that your friend and his family are going through. What a fitting tribute to his son to keep his memory alive by fulfulling his wish of a Viper. Every time he looks at it I am sure he will be remembering all of the wonderful memories of his son's life and accomplishments.. My deepest sympathy to you, your friend and his family. It is heartwarming to see the sincere and heartfelt messages of sympathy from the Viper community.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently attented a party for a local viper bud who's daughter died a year ago.Tara was 19 beautifull and could drag and drive a car.We celebrated her life also.
My little DD is only 3,I pray i'll be there for her graduation.Today she told me I was a Dumb A$$ and I smiled.
My deepest sympathy,peace and prayers to them.

8AV8

VCA Member
Reaction score
My condolences to the family and friends of such a wonderful young man. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ThnkBig - this is the thread re your son. No father should ever have to bury their only son. But it is awesome how you have been able to live your sons dream and that he is able to share that joy with you in spirit.

I know you've had a lot of fun in that RT/10 and also in that twin turbo SRT10... in fact I have some video to prove it :lol:

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My condolences goes out to everyone affected in the tragic situation. God bless him and his family

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deepest sympathy for your tragic loss...

Enjoy your beautiful new ride,
Welcome to the Viper Family :drive: