B&W GTS at BJ today

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a nice looking B&W at BJ Auction today. It looks like it may have been a Hennessey car since it had a big wing on the back. It also had a BIG crowd around it when they showed it outside waiting to bgo through the auction.

Did anybody see it go through yet? I was wondering how many miles on it and what it ended up going for.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically, it sold for $55,000. (Hammer price of $50k + 10% buyer fee) Still, it was a steal at either price!

By the way, I just saw a White/Blue GTS-R in the line outside the tent. Lot 654.1

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What i did notice is how the auctionner was spending a lot more time and effort on some cars ( or owners) than others , going so far as to stop the bidding process when there was no higher bidder ( instead of calling it sold) in order to give some time for some BJ and/or VIP peoples to "hype" the car and hopefully create some more bidding and higher price.
If I was one of the car owners that did not got this preferential treatment, I would have been P O big time.
Luc 00GTS

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No disrespect to the owners or their cars, but the BJ Auction is a stupid place to sell a Viper. The auctioneers don't hype the cars like they would a POS Mustang, and the price those 2 got this year was average at best. This has been the case for years now.

Camaro, Corvette, Mustangs...? Oh yeah.

Vipers? Not at the Barrett Jackson.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to say that I think. This economy like it is makes for lower prices regardless of hype.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My previous statement is based on years of watching the auction. Even with a better economy the prices were the same.

To hear one of the SpeedTV booth announcers on live TV say "I can't believe Vipers are considered collectible yet" kind of sets the mood I'm talking about. And for anyone fixing to rewind the DVR to check that... Was a previous year. Same guys in the SpeedTV booth though and on the auction podium.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No disrespect to the owners or their cars, but the BJ Auction is a stupid place to sell a Viper. The auctioneers don't hype the cars like they would a POS Mustang, and the price those 2 got this year was average at best. This has been the case for years now.

Camaro, Corvette, Mustangs...? Oh yeah.

Vipers? Not at the Barrett Jackson.

Dave is Right , BJ did not hype either Viper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang