Back from the tuner!!

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I got her back today and drove it about 300 miles down from up north.

Unbelievable!!! I had a smile on my face for about 3 hours!

I will post the dyno sheet when I get in the office on Monday. It made 700hp (dynojet) and 620ft/lb on a pretty conservative tune.

OP
OP
J

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was a combination of the blow-off hanging up and the belt slip. Looking at the graph there is a little dip about about 5700rmp in the boost.

Ed really didn't like the paxton fmu and pumps. He said it wasn't very repeatable so hard to tune.

Talking to Ed in length and will be ditching the paxton fuel set-up and going with an additional in tank pump and bigger injectors and 12lb pulley. If I have to cap the rpms at 5500-5600 so I don't run out of fuel I will do so in order to gain all that mid-range "drivable" boost.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you have a built bottom end to handle 12psi of boost. I would be weary of the stock cast pistons with that boost.

OP
OP
J

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope you have a built bottom end to handle 12psi of boost. I would be weary of the stock cast pistons with that boost.

It would never make 12lb of boost...the rpms would be cut-off to soon. It would make a lot more boost throughout the entire curve though

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note to self (and your tuner). Remove that piece of junk PCV valve Paxton sends with their kit, cap the manifold inlet, and tee the valve cover vent hoses together and run them to a catch can. My boost shot to 9.6 lbs after doing that this last Friday on the dyno. Doing this may save you some big bucks on purchasing and installing that 12 lb pulley you intend to put in. The fuel system upgrades you plan (the in-tank pump and injectors) go for it.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to see that mod as well. Please post some pics.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...MikeR:quack: has the "crank vent" billet pcv valve from dc performance that thing lets nothing get by......I'm running a catch can like Fast. Mike has seen over 9PSI and so have I.