Bandimere - Mopar at Thunder Mountain Photos

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Raced at Bandimere many times. I knew John Bandimere Sr., and we messed around with the old McCollugh superchargeres on my 75 vette back in the late 70's. He was a real innovative guy, and had great stories from his years in racing and the parts business. I grew up in Greeley, and practiced in Longmont until 1984 and moved to AZ. At 5,800ft in altitude, it really took some of the performance away from cars, but a top notch facility. Thanks for the pics! What were the Viper's running for times, and with what mods.......I'd like to get an idea....thanks in advance!

OP
OP
G

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CO-NOS-Viper, Hopefully you'll be back soon. The weather's getting nice out here. ;-)

Kenneth, yep it's a great place to watch the drags for sure. I've been going up there for 30 years. Hopefully some of the people that ran their Vipers yesterday will chime in with their exact times. It seems like you can generally add at least a second and a couple tenths to the 1/4 mile times of the NA cars that run there compared with what they would run at sea-level. From what I've seen over the years, that applies to most of the NA musclecars ('cudas, camaros, mustangs, vipers, whatever) that would run from the 12's to 15's at sealevel.

V

Venomiss

Thank you for sharing the pictures.:2tu: The weather looked nice for the event.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth