Baselined the car today, not bad.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm ordering stuff and I wanted to get a baseline on the car, I did a few drag runs in the fall & finally got it to a dyno today. My car's completely stock.

Best pull = 442hp, 481tq
My best drag run was = 11.93 @122

So now time for some bolt on's and see what the results are.

Dave
03 SRT (stock, for now)

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I'm ordering stuff and I wanted to get a baseline on the car, I did a few drag runs in the fall & finally got it to a dyno today. My car's completely stock.

Best pull = 442hp, 481tq
My best drag run was = 11.93 @122

Dave
03 SRT (stock, for now)

Interesting... my stock dyno numbers were identical to yours. Amazing how consistent these cars are.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so what did you end up ordering? 2.5" or 3" I'm interested in seeing the numbers. I should have baselined mine.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going in stages, ordered the Corsa for stock cats, 2.5" coupling. I'll see how I like it, if I want more I'll throw on a set of 2.5 RTs, but it'll be based on sound really. Plugs & filters coming too. After I get that stuff on I'll go do 2 more dyno pulls & see. I'm also looking at a DC flash, and the big decision 3.55's and I want better tires to replace these crappy runflats.

Assuming I don't lose my head & buy a Paxton ... in which case I'd forget gears, if Heffner were still in MD I wouldn't hesitate, I'm worried about ongoing tuning support, etc.

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DMan...just go ahead and learn from mine and others mistakes. Go ahead with the RTs cats. You dont and you will say wow these Corsas sound great and no to bad, I wonder now what the RTs sound like and then you have to take it apart or pay for it again. I really think that you will like the Corsa with the RTs. Go for it and do it one time you will not regret it and definitely do the DC flash. IMO

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I could have made my exhaust of GOLD with all the money I've thrown at it.

If I were to do it all over again, right off the bat it'd be

-Corsa 3"
-No cats, 3" all the way back from the the collecor.
-Extra 3" i.d. muffler, foot long, right before the corsa where the 2nd cat used to be.

Best sound, and the absolute best performance.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya Volltage & Zorro, and you're probably right, I'm a DIY'er so the doing part is no big deal, I just didn't want to drop $2K on the RTs & Corsa and find it too loud (for my wife). She loves the car, hec, when I said I was thinking about getting another Viper she said go for it & was excited. I've spent $1200 on the 2.5" & I'll bolt that on and see if I get enough sound improvement w/o turning her off of the car. Plus I then could get the plugs (which came yesterday, yea), K&N will be here before the weekend, exhaust anyday now. Can't wait. I'll probably put the plugs in tonight.

Dave.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love my Corsa system, running stock cats. Got THE best price from JonB www.partsrack.com the system is set up to be quiet at cruising speeds(you would never now you had an exhuast system on the car) and when you get on the gas the sound is great.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are excellent times! I wonder w/ Road and Track and Motor Trend can never get times like that. They always post 12.1, always. I have read of several stock Vipers in VCA running sub 12's and one or two running in the 11.8's w/ the stock runcraps. I have a question, at what rpm are most of you launching at? I read somewhere to launch at 2500 rpm, but when I do that my Viper bounces around like a basketball most times...any suggestions?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya Volltage & Zorro, and you're probably right, I'm a DIY'er so the doing part is no big deal, I just didn't want to drop $2K on the RTs & Corsa and find it too loud (for my wife). She loves the car, hec, when I said I was thinking about getting another Viper she said go for it & was excited. I've spent $1200 on the 2.5" & I'll bolt that on and see if I get enough sound improvement w/o turning her off of the car. Plus I then could get the plugs (which came yesterday, yea), K&N will be here before the weekend, exhaust anyday now. Can't wait. I'll probably put the plugs in tonight.

Dave.
Best combo for sound and power w/out being obnoxious= Belanger exhaust and smooth tubes. ok, I am biased. Also, if its 1/4 mile times and emabarassing the competition on open road w/ no other cars w/in miles of you, wait for the Roe Gen 3 charger, better acceleration at lower rpm, offsets advantage of higher gears. Problem though, Roe Gen 3 aint available yet. I know I will trigger another debate w/ this, but again, I am biased!

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got an email my exhaust shipped & wifey called to say my K&N got delivered, woohoo.

At the track I launched right off idle, some clutch pressure off the line, 1.9 60 foots, one 1.89. 2nd and 3rd shifts seemed trickier. Compared to my 03 cobra stang the Viper wheel hop is not bad, easier to launch, but harder down the track with all that torque.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on how to put some bills away for potential SC'ing later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi