Battery Leaking

mike007

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What battery will fit in my 97 rt10 without any modifications that won't leak? dry cell or gell cell? I can't find any battery that will fit. Can the top posts be cut?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from what i remember, pretty close...maybe 0.5". I had a battery mat in there so if my old battery leaked, it wouldnt get on the frame and we had to remove the battery mat to get the Optima to fit. Since Optimas are leakfree batteries, didnt need the mat anyway

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Costco battery for $48.99 a few days ago, group 78-800 cca.

Pretty much identical to the Mopar one I took out (within ~.75" from top) and has side post only. My original lasted 6 years with a battery tender, this one should be good. Just can't justify double or more for the AGM style battery.

I put a Roe battery mat underneath for a couple bucks for insurance just in case.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last time I priced the stock Mopar battery, it was in the $60 range (well, our local club has arranged a discount with a few of the local dealers). So, you might just price the stock battery, which you know will fit, and has always lasted me for at least five years in two Vipers.

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a Red Top, if if does not fit turn it on its side! Do not cut the posts!!!!!!it will kill the battery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4