Battery Minder Installation

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:confused: When installing battery minder do you need to hook it up to the battery or you can do it in the engine bay? There must be an easy way to connect it. I just bought my battery minder and not sure if I should install it directly to the battery. Just got the car over a couple of months and the battery is dead. I did turned it on every couple of weeks but yesterday it won't start. I can't wait next spring. Need to have fun with my snake. Any suggestion???

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hook it up in the engine bay, there's a positive terminal there and just ground it. Works fine for me.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While not overly elegant, here is a picture of a battery tender hooked up to the terminals in the engine bay. The tender is mounted on an existing bolt and stays on the car full time. When the tender is used I just feed an extension cord through the gill and hook it up. Works great!

6594Schumacher-med.jpg

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no reason to put the minder right where the battery mounts. Any of the mountings above will be fine.

Now,
You have a problem.
Your battery may be marginal.
Your car may have an electrical problem. A current drain caused by some faulty componen
t.

You need to fix this problem. Your car should be able to start after sitting for at least 6 weeks and actually much longer.

If you use the battery minder to mask the problem, you will take the chance of having the car not start when you take it on a weekend trip where the battery minder is not in use.

There's nothing wrong with a battery minder. You shouldn't need one but have one if you like.
Just don't use it to mask a problem.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no reason to put the minder right where the battery mounts. Any of the mountings above will be fine.

Now,
You have a problem.
Your battery may be marginal.
Your car may have an electrical problem. A current drain caused by some faulty componen
t.

You need to fix this problem. Your car should be able to start after sitting for at least 6 weeks and actually much longer.

If you use the battery minder to mask the problem, you will take the chance of having the car not start when you take it on a weekend trip where the battery minder is not in use.

There's nothing wrong with a battery minder. You shouldn't need one but have one if you like.
Just don't use it to mask a problem.
EXACTLY!! I don't touch my battery all winter, nor do I start my car. Starts EVERY time without fail. If your battery is draining itself during winter months or periods of non-use, you have a drain somewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness