malmu77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am new to this website and I apologize if this is the wrong area to discuss this matter.

Basically some days back my gen 5 gts battery went dead, I jump started the car nothing unusual, forward two days after the battery went dead again and I jump started it all is good until I got a check engine light and a code in the diagnostics as P1628, I kid you not my heart sank and I started to sweat it, I didn’t think of it too much as I thought it was the battery that has too low of voltage so I got a new one, replaced it hoping that it will go away, and oh well it didn’t. I decided to move the car a bit and I got another code which is the P210E.

all in all, I need some help diagnosing this problem as I don’t want to take it to the dealership as I had some very bad experiences in the past with the one in my country as they just want money and will probably take ages to fix and loads of money as that’s all they care about.

Thank you all in advance.

Attached below are some pictures of the codes that popped out in the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 2

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Those don't really surprise me too much since your battery was low. I believe the car learns the TPS readings and ranges, so it might just take a little driving for it to get back to normal. There might be a way to force a relearn procedure, but I'm not sure on the gen 5 as I haven't really worked on any. You could try resetting the codes with a scanner and driving the car around some more to see what it does. Unplugging the battery would have likely reset some of the computer memory as well, so I could see that having something to do with it while it figures things out again.

OP
OP
malmu77

malmu77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those don't really surprise me too much since your battery was low. I believe the car learns the TPS readings and ranges, so it might just take a little driving for it to get back to normal. There might be a way to force a relearn procedure, but I'm not sure on the gen 5 as I haven't really worked on any. You could try resetting the codes with a scanner and driving the car around some more to see what it does. Unplugging the battery would have likely reset some of the computer memory as well, so I could see that having something to do with it while it figures things out again.
Thank you for the reply Mopar map,
The check engine light has disappeared as you mentioned with a little bit of driving around.
I appreciate your help brother!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Buy an inexpensive, generic OBD II code reader that is CAN bus enabled AND clears codes.

You can get them from Harbor Freight or Northern Tool for $45-60.

If you clear any codes, write the numbers down. The main reason that I carry one in each of our Vipers as well as the daily drivers is to clear limp mode should I encounter this on the road.

DBMyers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2008 Gen 4 here. You do not just drive it around some. Mine has a crazy reset procedure. I keep mine on a battery tender at all times. Clearing the codes and a reset takes a pro or some heavy research. If you are in the DFW area, let me know.

file:///C:/Users/M6600/Downloads/chrysler-drive-cycle-information-obd2.pdf

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala