Battery Tender & Car Cover

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is everyone hooking up a battery tender (with alligator clips) and fitting a car cover on for the winter? I know that the battery is behind the rear wheel, but I assume that you hook up at the remote positive jump site under the hood. On other cars I have had, I just leave the hood 'cracked' open a bit and there is no problem. The way the Viper hood opens it seems like the front of the hood is still up about 4-5 inches. I'm afraid if I push the hood anymore the clips will knock off.

How do you guys do this?

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using the cigarette lighter adapter. IMHO, it is the easiest way to connect the battery tender. I just leave the window open a little and run the cord through the gap. I also place a towel on the side door to prevent any scratches from the power cord.

Bandit400

Reaction score
I hard wired the tender onto the underhoof battery connection...then led it out to one of those little RC Car connectors. I kicked it once and ended up having to re-wire it.....so I got rid of the little "safety lock" on the white connector. Now...if I kick it or (for some reason) drive off...it pulls apart easily.

tender1.JPG

tender2.JPG

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hardwired my battery tender lead into the front, too. If you look at your wheel well, there is a little rubber flap/slit. The wires fit through there nicely, with no chance of scratching your paint! When the lead is not plugged in, I have a loop that I put on the wiper fluid reservoir (loop=ziptie)... I just attach the free end of the lead to the loop (the free end has a rubber cap, so I just hook the rubber cap retainer onto the loop). Make sense?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang