Belanger install gain of 23RWHP

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so here's the scoop.

We dynoed several cars this Saturday with a very reputable organization ( great event ) as part of the VCO events planned for the year.

It just so happened that there we two SRT-10's as follows;

Both were 04's . The first one was stock in every aspect other then the fact that he had the Corsa Exhaust on his while the second one ( mine ) had the headers , high flows and belanger exhaust. We did several runs to make certain but in every run mine dynoed minimum 23 RWHP additional gain. Quite frankly, I thought it would be more...............

I don't know what part or components contributed to the additional HP but I would suspect and only suspect that it was the high flow cats.

Is this a fair assumption.

Thanks
Patrick

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am surprised its even that much. Most of that extra hp came from the cat delete.

Its what I have always said on the gen 3 you already have a great header that really cant be improved better than what it is.

cant fix whats not broken.

I would be really pissed if i spent almost 5k and got 15 rwhp for the headers and 12 rwhp for the cat delete.

as for sound hell a paxton is music to my ears for an extra couple of grand and you get 200 rwhp gains

vd..

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think that headers are a good hp/$ on a viper like mentioned earlier a paxton is only a few thousand more and will get near 700 hp to the rear wheels on a stock car.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, it is not necessarily a good comparison because they are two totally different cars. The year is irrelevant. Bone stock these cars can often have a swing as much as 30 RWHP between two identically-equipped cars and similar mileage. For example, Frank and I got our 2003 SRT-10's the same day. When we dyno'ed on the same day shortly after break-in I think we had almost 30 RWHP difference. He broke his in nice and easy - mine did not have that luxury.

Let us know what your final numbers were and we can probably better tell you where you are compared with several other SRT-10's. Regardless, thanks for the info!

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree ... not a great comparison ... I don't know about a 30hp swing, but a 10-15hp difference between two totally stock cars is very likely

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, it is not necessarily a good comparison because they are two totally different cars. The year is irrelevant. Bone stock these cars can often have a swing as much as 30 RWHP between two identically-equipped cars and similar mileage. For example, Frank and I got our 2003 SRT-10's the same day. When we dyno'ed on the same day shortly after break-in I think we had almost 30 RWHP difference. He broke his in nice and easy - mine did not have that luxury.

Let us know what your final numbers were and we can probably better tell you where you are compared with several other SRT-10's. Regardless, thanks for the info!

So let me guess, yours were the lower numbers? Adding arguement that we should break in our cars gently?

Jon

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dyno'd my 2003 while stock, and again after 1000 miles post Belanger headers and exhaust. I gained 37 rwhp with no other mods. The real reason I did it was to get rid of the cabin heat though.

I had the exact same system done on my Coupe, although I have never dyno'd the coupe. The sound is awesome!

Lou Belanger is great to deal with as well. I will do it again if I ever have a 3rd Viper!