Best covered transport for cross country Viper shipping

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to ship the Viper from NY to LA and was wondering who is the best/safest carrier service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do not not use a carrier Exotic Auto transport or carrier based in Northern NJ.I used them to deliver my 08 to Eatontown NJ(Buhler )from Homeland Calif.The transportation was set up by 1800haulforles at a price of 1500.00.Before they picked up the car i actually spoke with the driver (phone number provided by 1800haulforles )and told him to check the car out with a fine tooth comb(the person i bought the car from won it on the Price is Right-THE CAR HAD 72 MILES ON IT)Anyway the car was picked up on Thursday and was supposed to arrive on a Wendesday But the driver got here here 3 days earlyier than he was supposed to on Sunday.He called me Sunday morning looking for the COD amount of 1350.00.(I put 150.00 deposit on my CC.)Something JUST did not seem right (he kept telling me over and over that i had a nice car )Itold him that since it was Sunday with the banks being closed i had no access to cash and that he should deliverrv the car the next day to Buhler Auto Group.The next morning he shows up there at 9.00AM.Thank God for the guys at Buhler who astutely checked the car in and found not only a MARRED FRONT PASSENGER WHEEL (dealer cost of over 1600.00 )but the car left with 72.5 miles and now had 79 miles.Buhler gave them a check for the remainder (1350.00)and which a stop was quickly put on when the powers to be at the transportation company ignored my 5 or so phone calls over the next few days.The driver a guy named Jose knew nothing about the wheel(simply missed it during check in )or the added mileage.To this day (over 2 weeks later )the carrier still has not called me.I also disputed the 150.00 on my cc.

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used both Passport and Intercity over the last 25 years without problems. I tended to use Passport more just because I got to know the people there, but now that Fedex has bought out Passport, most of the good drivers left and went to Blue Highways. So I would recommend Blue Highways for your car. However, if you are in a hurry you can use Passport because they have more trucks and can probably pickup the car more quickly.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there
I've used this guy who lives in Mass. He is a private owner, same vehicles with lift gates. Very reasonable, 6 of us used to go to VOI # 9. I've used him twice already. Send me a PM and I'll give you his name and #.
RICK

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just used Reliable to ship a Nextel Cup car from Concord NC to Huntington Beach. David and Susan Lewis did a great job. On the same truck were 3 classic Benzes returning from Amelia Island and a Bugatti Veyron. Send me a pm if you want more information.

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just used Reliable and his trailer had a leak in it which put hard water deposits on the rear decklid. I can not recommend them. I should have went with Gary Almond.

V

Venomiss

Let everyone know who you ended up using and if you liked them please.

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Fedex Passport recently and my only complaint was they were slow to pick up the car from the seller. They kept pushing the pick up date further and further out. Once the car was finally picked up and in the truck on its way it was in my driveway in two days. I would have used Gary Almond but he was booked out three weeks at the time.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel free to call me at 240-994-1343. I have some holes in my schedule I'm trying to fill.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, call Gary Almond right away. I have used him and HE IS GREAT. I used Reliable one time because Gary was all booked up. They scratched the car and I did not care for the driver's careless attitude. Reliable paid for the damage, but I won't use them again.

94EmeraldGreen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Minuteman Transport recently. They were great. Very friendly, careful, good pricing and the driver was very cool about working around my schedule-
was late to meet him due to a work function.

Also know a guy who uses Intercity quite a bit, He swears by them.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have a autobrokerage, and so far we have shipped a new BMW M5 and a 2006 Lambo Gallardo cross country using catexpress.com . No issues, very prompt and professional.

Ask for Seth, they have some specials running right now. Tell him Derrick from D2 sent you.