best floor jack for vipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I use a Harbor Freight low profile jack that sells for 60.00 on sale in their ads. I was skeptical due to the low price but after 1 year it works great. I have 2 vipers (2005 and 2010) that I play with a lot so the jack gets a fair amount of use. It fits under the car great, has rubber lift point that doesn't scratch the frame lift points. It's very easy to pump the car into the air.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a Harbor Freight low profile jack that sells for 60.00 on sale in their ads. I was skeptical due to the low price but after 1 year it works great. I have 2 vipers (2005 and 2010) that I play with a lot so the jack gets a fair amount of use. It fits under the car great, has rubber lift point that doesn't scratch the frame lift points. It's very easy to pump the car into the air.

I use the same and it seems to work well.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the same jack and they are great for the money.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harbor freight. Watch for discount coupons in the auto mags etc. Have bought 2 and delivered 1 to a bud in Canada upon request. GTS Bruce

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I use the same and it seems to work well.

I have the same jack and they are great for the money.

Harbor freight. Watch for discount coupons in the auto mags etc. Have bought 2 and delivered 1 to a bud in Canada upon request. GTS Bruce

me too, and it is "purdy" :omg: too

Dave98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same one. It works great for me. Like some have said just watch for an ad from harbor freight and you can pick it up for 50 - 60 dollars.:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooo....

What do you guys think of the Harbor Freight floor jacks?

:rolaugh:

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a Performance Tool (Model # W1642) last December and it's great! 2 ton -- 2 3/4" to 20" lift range... works great on low pro cars like our Vipers! In fact, my bro-in-law has an '03 NSX-T that is slammed along with 19" wheels and he has no probs with getting underneath his car with this jack... highly recommended!

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Griots garage floor jack.
I got it for $315. Normally $399 but I waited until they had a 15% discount.
Lifetime Warranty and is 2 and 1/4" at its lowest height. Gets way under the Viper without ramps or having to drive up on 2x8. :2tu:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the HF aluminum one as well, but I got one that was little more expensive because the one that they put on sale all the time only goes up to something like 14". The one I got goes to around 19". Not that you need it on the Viper, but it makes it more usable for other cars as well.
An extra 5" can make a big difference! lol :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griots garage floor jack.
I got it for $315. Normally $399 but I waited until they had a 15% discount.
Lifetime Warranty and is 2 and 1/4" at its lowest height. Gets way under the Viper without ramps or having to drive up on 2x8. :2tu:

Five times the price of the HF?
Hope it changes the oil for you as well....:)

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

+1 for same reasons. :drive:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yikes thats an expensive $250 jack compared to the $60 harbor, I think I will be putting that money to my 4 post lift, but I do love that jack you got :2tu:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Viper 95 Kim,
Griots is having a sale this month if your interested.
$315 with a lifetime warranty was not too much to spend for the safety of me and my Viper. :headbang:
Others may think it is too much, :rolleyes:, but WHATEVER!
I had the HK jack for $79 and you get what you pay for. Thing started leaking after 3 years and I didn't even use it more than 10 times. Company didn't want to hear about it. Craftsman jack did the same thing to me after 5 years and it cost $99.
Also, check out the website and look at all the extra options it offers. BTW, I was wrong. Without the saddle plate, it's lowest height is 2".
Good luck with whatever you choose. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang