Best mod for $1000

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do a lot of 30-150mph racing and I want to know what is the best mod for around $1K to maximize my acceleration.
Thanks

Current mods: Tubes/filters, arrow rebuild, centerforce dual friction, RT 3" X-pipe, and kumhos

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitrous. I have a NOS 5180 dry shot kit, Retails for $1180 through Summit, I'm selling for $550 plus shipping, but doesn't include a bottle ($200 new) or a bottle heater ($120 through Summit)

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL hell yah they make a differenceIMO if you know how to drive and put the power to the ground, I say do gears and kumho's for added hooking traction. Your car is purdy :) love the pic

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say the Vec 2, its exactly $1000, still the best mod I've done to date.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Engine management

Is it something you buy and plug into your car, or is it a program that you have to go over to a tuner with. How much hp/tourque does it add?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much would tuning with the VEC2 cost?

about $200 per session for a decent tune.

of course you can spend more time on the dyno (like I did) for a better tune.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEC2 will help out alot. Adding more power to through the entire power range.
But if you are looking to add only acceleration, well, to me it's obvious that NOS will give you the most for $1000, for that specifically.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best grand I ever spent for my car was Nitrous. Cheap HP/TQ and the feeling is incredible when you nail the throttle! But you don't want Nitrous so I don't know what to tell you.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As much as I hate to agree with him, a vec 2 for the money is your best bet.

2nd choice would be a driving school, to learn to how to use what you have now.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would have to agree. I have seen a VEC2 tuned on a non SC GTS that made DRAMATIC improvements. I would never have believed how much of an impact the VEC 2 would make to a non SC car. Call Sean Roe to discuss with him.

Rich

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much would tuning with the VEC2 cost?

2001 GTS, Where do you live? If you are in Georgia we have a good group of guys in our club that can help tune a VEC 2 on the dyno. You pretty much pay for the dyno time which we negotiate with the owner who is VERY fair.

Rich

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of gains can be seen by tuning a VEC2 on a basically stock car (just K&N drop in filters)?

Is there more to be gained by tuning if you install headers/highflow cats/exhaust?

Thanks,
JB

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend getting a short shifter!!! Then how about a cat/muffler delete?

You'd still have plenty of cash left to save up for something else.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do a lot of 30-150mph racing and I want to know what is the best mod for around $1K to maximize my acceleration.

Depending on what kind of racing you do, I feel the best money spent would be on brakes! Upgrade rotors, pads and brake lines to stainless steel. Motul brake fluid is a must also. These cars do not come from the factory with decent brakes for road racing.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Skip Barber Driving school will help maximize corner exit speed as well as provide many other important car control tools.

I completely agree with the benefits of a driving school :2tu: , but that is not the answer for every Viper question. The guy does 30-150 sprints and wants something that will increase his cars acceleration. Did you even read his post? :confused:

It is a bit like someone asking about Vipermania windows and you responding with driving school. :p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad