best OUTDOOR car cover?

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking for the best outdoor car cover. Im not sure if I will have access to a garage for the winter so JUST INCASE, I want to buy a car cover that will protect the car from the rain/hail/snow, etc. If I find a garage, I will use it anyway so what is the best car cover for my application?

flame away:headbang:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
California Car Cover has a multitude of fabrics for as many different uses, mine is very lite and mostly a dust cover for winter in my garage but also lite and small enough to machine wash at home(air dry) ran about $300 and change. www.calcarcover.com

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper stored outside in the winter in Colorado!:hitwithrock:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Do whatever it takes to store that car in a garage and get a cover also.
It could be california cover or mopar cover as long as that snake is GARAGED!!!:duh:

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol at you guys... its just a car, no different than my truck. Seriously. Im sure it will be fine... everyone thinks colorado winters are soooo bad... Illinois is worse and I had my 03 cobra outside for sometime when I was in school with NO problems even in ice storms and NO car cover besides a nice big tree... not kidding

Triple7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I second the Noah fabric recommendation. I just ordered a Noah cover for my new GMC Duramax crew cab (black, bought yesterday). My truck sits in an airport parking lot off the end of the runway for 16-18 days a month. I have had Noah covers for the last 2 trucks and they really did the job.

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol at you guys... its just a car, no different than my truck. Seriously. Im sure it will be fine... everyone thinks colorado winters are soooo bad... Illinois is worse and I had my 03 cobra outside for sometime when I was in school with NO problems even in ice storms and NO car cover besides a nice big tree... not kidding

True. I would just be more worried about some passerby who is jealous of what you have and decides to "show you."

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you just blew any chance to sell you car to anyone here! :D

Spend a little money and put it in storage. Damn, don't be so cheap.

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol at you guys. No point in payint $250/mo for car storage out here... its rediculous. I dont plan on selling it anyway and I plan on driving it ALOT in the winter time. They are JUST CARS.. THEY ARE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN, NOT STORED!

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"It's just a car"?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!

Splash some water on your face, you are hallucinating.

"Just a car...", Jeez...

Reaction score
I'll have to agree with you there mike. I'm sorry. To a long time fan such as myself, it isn't just a car. It's abuot the only thing left as a light at the end of the tunnel for me right now!

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol at you guys. Its a very expensive, one of a kind, somewhat fast, great looking CAR. Better?
If a CAR is anyones life, one must take a step back and look at priorities... no offense to anyone on here of course. Dont get me wrong, Ive waited for this moment for a LONG time after owning many fast cars/trucks over the years. And to me, they were all just cars whether they towed my motorcycle or had 850rwhp or had both.

The viper will be special because I wanted one since I was a kid but it was never "practical" and I bought my 03 cobra because it had 4 seats and I could take the top off... after never really using those two rear seats, the viper seems really practical now, hence the purchase! It will get driven, just like any other car I have owned! I will take good care of it of course but just because a car is left outside in the winter doesnt mean its not taken care of. With proper maintenence and car care (the right cover) it will be FINE. I live in a GREAT neighborhood with many friends who already know to keep an eye out for it, lol

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Noah fabric cover too and I swear by it.

00SVTdubs, I understand what you're saying, but with my schedule I don't want to have to wash the car each time before I take it out....especially when I my neighbor puts his sprinkler too close to the car and can possibly put water spots all down one side of it. The cover keeps the bird feces off the car and that saves me clay bar time.....do I need a cover...nope....do I like having one for the time it saves me? YEP and I have covers for each of my nice cars.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasnt talking back to you AT ALL, I TOTALLY understand your point. The other guys point is the car should never stay outside, etc.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, I just was relaying why I use one....everyone has their own reasons, even for those owners who cover their cars in the garage. (like my Dad covering his Prowler)

Regards,
Aaron

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, for now, because I have the rear clip of a project car in the garage at the moment until I marry it with the full car. Hopefully sometime this fall I'll be done the project car and the garage will be available.

Regards,
Aaron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas