Best way to lower

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

I have the new rims on the car, now what is the best way to lower. I know I can go with Eibach springs, but I am at the mercy of the spring for the heigth.

What about the setup Roe sells or any recommendations?

mark

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to lower mine also, but haven't gotten around to it. I will be using Eibach's also. I saw a special on Speed Channel one night that was saying that stock springs could be as much as 15% different between each other. Eibach says there's is about 2% to 4%. So if you replaced your stock springs with Eibach's and stayed at stock ride height, you should have a better handling car. Generally the purpose is for lowering, but I thought that was interesting.
Alan:)

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning to lower as well but struggling to find a shop in Chicagoland to do it at a reasonable price. Speaking of which, what's a reasonable price for installing springs? I have gotten around $600 to do the install.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if youre just doing it for looks, go Eibachs. Cheap, easy solution, if you want adjustability go 99-00.5 ACR coilovers or similiar

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will work with the stock struts with no problem. The springs should give you approx. 1.5 inches of drop...will make car look and ride a little nicer.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine dropped about an 1 1/4. Looks waaaaay better, but don't forget to adjust the damping in your shocks or you won't be happy with the bouncy ride. Also you will defenately need an alignment after.
PM me if you need any advice. I have specs.