Best way to rotate the crank?

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Didn't think it would be difficult, but I'm having a hard time getting the wrench in the right place without having a bunch of stuff in the way.

I've taken out the airbox to get more room but it's still awkward trying to get a socket wrench in the right place.

Anyone have a regular method for doing this? What's the right size wrench, socket extension, and place to position the wrench for turning?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1-1/4" socket, 1/2" drive, Breaker Bar- longer the better. I dont recally if I use a 3" extension on the Gen2's or not when I do it...

Pull out the airbox, easy access from the top. Spin clockwise. Make sure car is out of gear and key is out of the the ignition, and dont let anyone near the key in the car!

Technically, you COULD start the car, or get the crank to jump just by having the key in on "run".... bad day if the breaker bar and wrench are attached to the crank!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also removed the PS cooler for extra room. It's only two screws.

ETA: And when you're crankin' on that sucker, watch out for the metal lines feeding the PS rack. They run right under where your breaker bar will be going. You don't want to crimp those!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson