Beware of Iforged Wheels

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought wheels back in August from a retailer...

I will not name the company as I will never purchase wheels from them again..

There customer service is crap also...

Here's the deal..

I bought brand new Astras 19 inch in front, 20 inch in rear...

I was told of the 4-6 week wait time...

Lets just say I received the wheels in 12 weeks...

When I had tires from Jonb mounted on them we ran into issues...

Jonb is a great guy... just a little moody sometimes.... Can you blame him... I wouldn't want people calling me on a monday either...hehehe....

Anyway...

The wheels were mounted and left at the shop over night...

The next day... one of the rear wheels was totally empty...no air at all..
The guys at the wheel shop are good friends of mine...

If your in Tampa, Go to Coast to Coast wheels Frankie, Joe, and Scott will take care of ya...

We took the rear wheel and filled with air and sprayed some soap around the edge of the wheel... It was leaking like crazy all of the insided of the wheel.....

On a 3 piece wheel... You have the front piece and the back piece and the center.... When they put it together... They seal it with silicone around where all of the edges meet...

Well wouldn't ya know it.... the seal was really bad... Iforged did not take there time at all when sealing the rim.... When we took of the tires and checked the seal there was a bubbled pin hole that was very ovious where the leak was coming from...

I called my retailer and guess what he blamed the wheel shop... I was like bs... I watched them put it on... These guys know how to put a tire on...
Anyway the shops that don't know what there doing usually rip this seal when they take the tire off, not when they put a tire on....

So then I sent an email to the guys at Iforged... and wouldn't ya know it
they closed there whole customer service team down because of SEMA..
Meaning for a week... nobody would answer phones....

What kind of customer service is this??? I just spent how much on wheels and you guys won't even take my call.... Soooo friggin irritating...

So I had the guys at Coast to Coast strip off the seal and reseal it..
When taking off the old sealant you could tell plain as day that it was done very very poorly.
We waiting a couple days before mounting the tire....

And wouldn't you know it... I don't get any leaks from it anymore....

What I did notice is that the other rim is leaking now... I filled it up the one night to 33 lbs... The next day it went down to 12....

So I am going to bring back to my boys at Coast to Coast to fix the other one....

Now with Iforged...

He finally called me back about a week later.... Gee now thats customer service.....

I told him about the seal and he also blames my guys who mounted the tires... Damn... not this crap again...

He did the..... We checked the wheels before they went out and nothing was wrong with them... And for $50 each rim and not including shipping they will take care of it..... I was like hell no...

The guys at Coast to Coast have told me about some other horror stories about Iforged... Expecially with there rims being off and causing constant vibrations..... I am so glad mine were ok.... I would be even more pissed if I had to send back my rims I waiting 12 weeks for...

Hey the rims do look killer on the car... But who knows if Ill have a problem...
I definitely know Iforged won't take care of it...

I am going to send this link to the VP of Iforged to show how bad there product support and service is.....

Thanks for listening guys... The forum has been great...

Just beware of IForgedd Wheels..

When you pay that much money for a wheel.. It should be quality and the service should be top notch...

Lets just say for my 2 other cars... They will not have IForged wheels on them.

Joe

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is thank you for the heads up. Your posting should really put a "dark cloud" over IForged...

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over on the Vette forums, Iforged had some bad PR due to ordering, shipping, quality, mis-matched orders...I thought they got their act together since all that.
Happy customer will tell at least 10 people, un-happy customers will tell a 100 :smirk:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like others said, happy customers often say much, but unhappy ones tell the world. Sorry to hear your problems. Unfortunatley all wheel places have problems. Awhile back on the Alley there was ahuge HRE ***** thread. Ive heard problems with Forgeline. When it came down to it, I actually heard less complaints with Iforged then others and i liked one of their wheel desins alot. So I just ordered a set this week. Hopefully I'll have no issues

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steponz, I'm sorry that you had to go through all that crap. I've had my Iforged Daytona wheels for a year and I've been fortunate as to not have had one problem with my wheels. Vince from Iforged was very informative during the entire building process. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and now I guess I better count my lucking blessings that I did not have to go through what you had to go through....Good luck with those wheels.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like others said, happy customers often say much, but unhappy ones tell the world. Sorry to hear your problems. Unfortunatley all wheel places have problems. Awhile back on the Alley there was ahuge HRE ***** thread. Ive heard problems with Forgeline. When it came down to it, I actually heard less complaints with Iforged then others and i liked one of their wheel desins alot. So I just ordered a set this week. Hopefully I'll have no issues

I was going to go with the iforged Astras or the hre 542r's, and Decided to go with the forgelines sp3p, Never heard of any problems with them, and if so, It was minimal compared to numerous HRE and Iforged complaints. Either way Iforged and HRE are a high end wheel company. With all the complaints about the HRE wheels i've been reading, I'm still planning on buying the 542s for my other car. Some looks cannot be duplicated, so a little trouble with customer service, or a defective wheel, sometimes it's still worth it in the long run. Just as long as the persons happy :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any company can have a defective product slip out, it's how the problem is handled after the sale and they have your money that counts. That question has apparently been answered by Steponz.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steponz - Sorry to hear about your problems with IForge. No issues here with my Astras. Knock on wood I guess. How is your car doing otherwise since getting it back from DLM?

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact is when you spend so much money on new rims, you don't want to hear "It's the tire shops fault". Too many people/companies want to point the finger at somebody else.

There is also never an excuse for poor customer service!

Jason

OP
OP
S

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car runs really good... I need to replace my battery... Thinking of getting the Red Cell Optima..

Doug did a great job..

We had a couple miscommunications about the boost gauge.. So I didn't end up with one.. .That was no big deal...

I did get a sweet Air/Fuel Ratio gauge...

Doug also pointed out multiple problems with the way my setup was done..
He corrected all of them and car really hauls a$$....

I ended up running into another Viper in the area.. The first one I have seen with my Viper... And its amazing how much faster the car is....

I figure the Water/**** kit does quite a bit also...
I plan on getting the new tb from the group buy....

I did notice a huge difference with Dougs intercooler.. The car stays cooler alot longer.... and with his belt tensioner... its also killer..

Joe

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good To know, I'll knock Iforged off my list of places to buy wheels for my cars.

Thanks!

Jon

You might as well knock off all the others too and stick with stock wheels. There is a thread on every wheel manufacturer out there. So far Iforged has been very helpful and their pricing is great. Ive PM'd many guys before my purhcase and all were very happy. I think with any purchase we take a risk, stuff happens ,its life.
I know three people right now that just had to pull their Paxtons off due to oil leaks. But I dont think anyone is going to stop purchasing S/C from them.

Still I'll cross my fingers and hope my wheels show up on time and work perfectly. I'll be sure topost whether negative or positive.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car runs really good... I need to replace my battery... Thinking of getting the Red Cell Optima..

Noooooooo! Then you'll have to start a "Beware of Optima Battery" thread! I'm on my THIRD red top in a year and a half. They have a 3 year free replacement warranty, so I keep swapping it out. When the warranty is up, I'll NEVER put an Optima in a Viper again. I drive my car every weekend, so its not "garage queen syndrome" killing the battery.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had five sets of iForged, never any problems. ***** to hear you had issues. Being involved in the performance industry, it isn't uncommon for smaller companies to be closed during the week of SEMA. If you haven't attended SEMA, you should go sometime.

Pretty much ALL of the high end wheel companies have their share of complaints and issues time to time, I wouldn't start waving the boycott banner just yet. I've owned sets of just about every brand of wheel, they ALL took longer to deliver than promised.

Tony

viperflex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One set here with many issues. The wheel issues were one thing, but when you call Iforged for help-to fix the issues and get some ***** named Vince-who says, "So what the clear coat is falling off and cracking"??? What do you want us to do? I don't know maybe fix it! They did fix it but I had to pay to reship them. After the fix, they looked and worked great. But the customer service (Vince) is the worst I have ever delt with!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might as well knock off all the others too and stick with stock wheels. There is a thread on every wheel manufacturer out there. So far Iforged has been very helpful and their pricing is great. Ive PM'd many guys before my purhcase and all were very happy. I think with any purchase we take a risk, stuff happens ,its life.
I know three people right now that just had to pull their Paxtons off due to oil leaks. But I dont think anyone is going to stop purchasing S/C from them.

Still I'll cross my fingers and hope my wheels show up on time and work perfectly. I'll be sure topost whether negative or positive.

Actually, MY SSRs have worked like a charm for the last 8 months! soooo... I have to disagree with you, where is the thread on SSR's sucking?

No, when someone is miss treated like that, THATS where I draw the line. Sure everyones going to have issues, I didnt say they werent allowed to, its how they treat the customer and resolve the problem that TRULY defines them as a company, NOT just their product.

Thanks,

Jon

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they ****. sent them back and did a CC chargeback to get a refund.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a cheap shot Nine Ball, keep it in the viper catagory :D

He had to try... Saddly I guess people like to do a smoke and mirrors trick sometimes to get the attention off the the real fact. They gave a viper customer Crappy service and a crappy product. They will not be on my list of options for wheels from now on.

Feel free to buy whoever you want to, as I stated I will no longer consider them a viable source to get wheels from.

Still love my SSRs and feel bad this guy got the run around on getting things resolved correctly by the manufacturer.

Jon

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a cheap shot Nine Ball, keep it in the viper catagory :D

How is it a cheap shot? Like I said, ALL wheel companies have had issues before. The type of car the wheels are mounted on doesn't change the brand of the wheel. As for "keeping it in the Viper category", some Viper guys could have wheels made of plastic since they never drive these cars. Would that make a wheel made of plastic any better? Nope. As an engineer, I'd look to groups who actually heat cycle and put fatigue miles on a product to determine the durability. There are far more Miatas on the roads and being driven than Vipers.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree to dissagree. I care about the feedback from Viper owners, on Viper products, not miata owners on their miata products.

That doesn't make any sense. You are discounting the majority of interactions of all companies then, as there are very few vipers compared to all other cars on the road. I hope you aren't in charge of anything to do with statistical analysis.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh please. You think I give a Sheet about how Miata's wheels are working on miatas? Say I did, say they fit perfectly, but when the manufacturer attempted to break into the Viper market, they did a horrible job, and they weren't able to or didnt subject the product to the actual abuse it would see under a vipers power and weight conditions.

No, I still dont give a sheet about how their products work on OTHER cars, I want REAL feedback and REAL data on how they work on the car I have.

And for similar products, again, I care about their relivance to the application I have, not other ones.

You'd be suprised how much of my job relies on Analysis.. and apparently I am quite good at it.

Sorry, but you cant really think I am going to search all the various car forums to see how other peoples products are working on other brand cars? Who gives a sheet. I care about how they work on the viper, when I am looking to buy things FOR the viper.

But hey, thats just me....

Jon

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We could all argue for hours. Its good to hear good and bad and make decisions based on that. If after I receive my wheels and all is great, I will post a positive thread.
No matter what wheel company, i dont think we should be so quick to jump on the boycott them bandwagon. If that were the case we would all have stock Vipers. Because I have heard neagtive comments on Woodhouse, who most respect and use alot. I plan to buy my next Viper from them. We have all heard of complaints on Partsrack, yet I use them. Someone complained about DC Performance, I use them and will continue to.( I think these are 3 of the most talked about Vendors on this site, thats why I used them as examples.)

Point is, its good to let people know what happpened and how it was handled. Thats it.
Theres ALWAYS two sides to every story and in the end sometimes its "**** Happens"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte