Bezel removal

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO I purchased a set of bezels (the pieces that go around the radio and on the dash ind shifter on the console) for my '08 and was wondering if there are any tricks to removing the existing bezels or if it just as simple as undoing all the screws. "Pull and Plug" as they say. Thanks...:)

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty straight forward.....you need to ensure that you disconnect the aux plug socket when you loosen the console unit.....once you unscrew all the dash bezel nuts and the shifter boot fixture - its pro-forma....i did it on the mamba....I would recommend painters tape along the edges where the two (dash and Console) bezels meet....

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a quick search..if memory serves me correct when I pulled mine there is 1 'hidden' screw you need to watch out for.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The console bezel comes off first - Just gently pri it up. It has about three snap clips.

Then you have to unloosen the shifter lock nut - If I remember correctly, use 17mm and 19mm open-end wrenches. Unscrew the shift knob.

Once that is done, release the power window connectors and the aux plug connector and remove the console bezel - may have to lift parking brake handle to slide boot off.

As stated above , there is one screw at the bottom of the dash bezel - remove it along with the allen screws.

Pull out the dash bezel and reach around and unplug all the connectors.

Then it's a matter of switching the connected parts from the stock bezels to the new ones.

Lastly, hook up the connectors and replace and enjoy!!

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the tips. Mike...i'm thinking next week sometime we can get this installed. Wanna help?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I also picked up some chrome allen head screws and some MGW goodies to dress it up just a little more.

rocket_interior_Large_.JPG

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the tips. Got my bezels installed a couple days ago and I could just not be happier with the results. Forgot to take some pics so when the weather gets nice again I will Rey to get some posted.

Last edited:

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys - sorry for this question in advance...

So the center console bezel has 3 spring clips as mentioned. I am super paranoid about breaking these. Can anyone tell me approximately where the 3 clips are located, so I can pry directly? Maybe if comeone has a bezel laying around, they can see...

Also, can I pry it off with my fingers? I don't want to jam some tool under there to pry, but if I did, it would be wrapped in painters tape to not scratch.

Thanks in advance!

Derek

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys - sorry for this question in advance...

So the center console bezel has 3 spring clips as mentioned. I am super paranoid about breaking these. Can anyone tell me approximately where the 3 clips are located, so I can pry directly? Maybe if comeone has a bezel laying around, they can see...

Also, can I pry it off with my fingers? I don't want to jam some tool under there to pry, but if I did, it would be wrapped in painters tape to not scratch.

Thanks in advance!

Derek

I don;t remember they are exactly but I believe what I did was take a flathead screwdriver and start at the back center of the bezel. Gently pry up and when the first snap lets go you will be able to pop the others easily by pulling up with you hand. VERY gently of course. :)

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You do not need tools or screwdriver to remove, I used my fingers to gently pull up on the bezel and it came out, no problem. I've had it out 3 or 4 times.

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also picked up some chrome allen head screws and some MGW goodies to dress it up just a little more.

rocket_interior_Large_.JPG

Absolutely stunning. Hey Rocket are you thinking about doing your trim around the door handles? That would make it complete IMO.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, removed all the bezels to install my RB1. If you put you hand inside the parking brake hole, you can pry up near the back gently. There is a clip there that will pop easily, then you can get your fingers under the outer edge and slowly work your way around. Easy, and no tools.

For some reason, I found it hard to get the parking brake boot to slide off. Really got pull it up hard, then work the boot off. I taped the bezels to avoid scratching them. I've taken a lot of cars apart, but have never been so panicked before this one...

Anyway, all done - thanks for the tips!