black body screws

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all! :)

I recently picked up a GEN3 and just noticed that there are two black screws missing. I have a black screw that holds one of the fins on the rear undertray gone, and the other is by the rear wheel that screws into the rocker panels.

Problem that i see is the screw that holds the rocker panel i no longer see the hole that it should line up with. Should i attempt to fix this myself or should i just head over to my dealer with a viper tech?

The screw for the fin looks easy enough but it's the rocker panel that scares me as i cant even wiggle or move the rocker panel.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

J

OP
OP
J

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yeah forgot to ask, does this happen often with the screws due to the whole car shaking and rattling... not that it's a bad thing to shake and rattle but this is not a lexus smooth car we are talking about here...

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jman2,

I bet you can handle this one personally. Find a very thin phillips screw driver and work to locate the the clip by inserting screwdriver into are area where your clip should be. When located wiggle around to center hole for the new screw. Use a larger phillips screw driver to tighten so you don't strip out the new screw.

While your at it check each screw on rocker & wheel well to make sure nice & snug.

I think we have all lost a few of these screws a time or too. No big deal.:usa:

Good luck,
Toddy

OP
OP
J

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Todd, appreciate it !

These cars sure are fun!!!!
makes me tear every time i enter the garage!

J

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Pretty sure we all have a "Few Screws Loose" :rolaugh:.

Also check the screws on bottom of the side sill as when these come loose, they tend to find their way into your rear tire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas