Black GTS broken down on 95 north in Bmore MD?

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey girlfriend just called me said she saw a Black GTS broken down on 95 north in baltimore, MD with some gold car behind it.

She thinks it had some aftermarket wheels on there and someone had it jacked up,

She said it looks like the owner of the gold car was out and jacking up the viper.. Could be a flat, could be him stealin the rims lol.

Just making sure the guy's wheels were not being ripped off and seeing what happened if anyone knows him.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was Jeff Richards ACR with the ACR BBS wheels. He had a shock collapse of some kind on the way to putting his car in the Motor Trend show. He must be some kind of great wrench because he fixed it right on the highway and got to the show in time to put it in. He told me the car was sitting on the ground at one point so he did a great job.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Kieth, if the post read like this " 3 STATE TROOPERS CHASING A GTS", then that would be me..lol.. hate to laugh about it...Wayne

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would be me on the way to drop the viper at the Baltimore Convention Center for the car show this weekend. It was on the bridge at 395 right past Russel Street. this was a very bad place to break down.
The left rear shock broke. :eek: This is the ACR shock. The top bearing loosened and came apart leaving the snake un-drivable.
My friend (in the gold car behind me) called his business partner who went to my house and retrieved my spare shocks, tools and Jack.
I changed both rear shocks in 45 minutes while we had crazy people driving inches from us. I was not going to leave the car sitting there. I didn't realize how lucky we were until on the way home from the VIP show, their was an accident right where we were working on the car.
Luckily the car is fine, in the show and I have the parts on the way to fix the ACR shock. :headbang:

If you have Koni ACR shocks check the top bearings that holds to the shaft. I am putting locktite on all of them.

Jeff

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW: this happened at 10:00 am. This post started at 11:20 am. Us viper folks really look out for each other!
Thanks for your concerns and kind words.
Lesson Learned.
Jeff

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff,
I worked the show yesterday, and your car looks great! Thanks for making the effort to get it there, it is much appreciated by the club.

Thursday was the first day of the show, and during my "shift" (noon-6pm), it was kind of light, with a light turn out. Weather permitting, it should get a lot better this weekend, but snow is in our forecast. We have eight cars in the event, and they all look great. We've got a great spot on level 400, right in center front, just in front of the DuPont Registry. On the same floor with us is the Shelby Club (GT350's and GT500's), and the Porsche Club. The Porsche's are off on the side, and are not getting much traffic at all. Also on our floor are the new car dealers for Mercedes, Porsche/Audi, Infiniti, and Acura.

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Gus. I will be doing the 1 - 7 shift on Saturday.

Thanks for the invite to this show! My son and myself are having a blast.
Jeff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4