Black SRT 10 spotted today in Duluth, Georgia (Atlanta)

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was coming home from looking at new homes in the area and saw a black SRT 10 pulling out of a neighborhood called Winfield on the River located on 141 in the North Atlanta 'burbs.

Will the owner chime in if he's on the board? How do you like it?

Dave

Garett 03 Srt-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was me taking the new car out for its first drive.
Before I make any comments on the SRT-10 I would like to thank Bill Pemberton and the gang at Woodhouse. I have purchased two Vipers and a Durango from Bill and they have always
given me a great price and first class service.

I have only put 100 miles on the car so I don't know how much more powerfull it will be over the previous cars but some things are vastly improved:

Braking- This car has the best brakes of any vehicle I have ever driven period. I can't wait to see some of the 0-100-0 times this car can post.

Body fit and finish- The body panels fit together much better than the previous car. The gaps between the fenders, trunk and hood are straight and even. The new hood design is much better
than the old design, maybe not as cool, but much easier to use. The convertable top has Mercedes all over it. Its very functional and is made of quality materials.

Interior- Still a lot of plastic for a car in this price range but there should be some great aftermarket pieces coming. The radio is much better than the old ones, 6cd indash changer with very good bass. I am not sure if I like the new seats or not. They don't seem as comfortable to me as the old ones and I hope the suede center holds up well. I have not noticed any heat in the footwells either.

I did take the time to read the owners manual and found information regarding settings for the keyfob that I had not heard anything about. The fob can be programed to unlock both doors with one click instead of two and the delay on the headlights can be changed as well.

The new viper feels much smaller while driving to me than the older ones. The sharper angles and design of the hood probably add to that feeling. Also the the rising heat from the engine is very visable through the vents in the hood when your at a stop light.

I will be putting a some more miles on the car this week so if anyone found this ramble informative or has questions I will post again.

Garett

OP
OP
F

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garett,
The car looked awsome. I'm getting my '04 from Woodhouse. If you live where I saw you pulling out from, then I'll just be a couple miles from you. I am looking at buying a house in Riverview, just over the river on the other side of 141.
Dave

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Garett;

Thanks for the report! I need more input as I am going crazy for mine to go to KZ from "I". Soon, Soon, Soon, please CAAP!

So, How did you like the sound of your new Viper's exhaust? Is it a REALLY noticeable improvement over a "stock" Gen II? How about a comparison between a Gen II with, say, the Mopar "Sport Exhaust" Cat-Back like I had on my RT-10? I thought the Mopar added a nice Gurgle and braap, braap, sound when down-shifting over the stock exhaust. Still, I wanted it to be deeper and better; not just louder. Would you give us a report on the new exhaust sound and any comparisons to mildly modified Gen II exhaust you may have heard, or owned?

I think your comment on the new Hood, "feels smaller" is what I had hoped for. I loved my old Porsche 914-6 and 911's front end because the hood sloped down and made you feel like you could really see and feel the road. My Gen II's were always more "whale Like" in the sense that the massive ****** hood was really "in your face" like a round aircraft carrier. I loved my Gen II's, but the old hood made the Viper feel heavy and lumbering to me and friends who drove it. NO OFFENSE INTENDED to any Gen I or II owners! I LOVED my Vipers; I just thought a bigger drop-off would feel more nimble.

Any comments on the handling and driving around town? I am excited to check out the brakes; they sound better than I had even thought they'd be. I would enjoy hearing about how the SRT feels on the road while just enjoying a normal drive? Suspension more forgiving? I have been wondering how those big 19" run-flats feel around town? Aside from the Track, my driving will much like many owners; driving around town for any excuse whatsoever! Yep, my wife knows that going for a gallon of milk is going to take AT LEAST an hour and a pile of excuses. I can't wait!

This must really be a whole new experience in Viper driving feel, and I am looking forward to it. Anything you care to share would be very appreciated Garett!

Thanks,

Jim

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the interesting post Garett.

Headlight delay? I confess that I would've really preferred a cupholder for my bottle of water!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang