Blown Sub in 03 Viper

FloridaInvestor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I blew my sub and am looking for a replacement. I have searched the boards and am confused with all the choices. Can anyone recommend me a simple drop in sub to replace the oem one. I'm sure any drop in will be better than the original one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Omar

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kicker makes a 6". I tried it and it ***** so I'm looking as well. Hopefully someone has some recommendations. Are you running the stock amp?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've read, there's not much you can do to improve the sub performance with the stock amp and stock enclosure. I changed out my head unit when I had my radar detector built in and will be upgrading the speakers and amps when I get it back from the shop from the engine re-build. The biggest thing holding back the sound is the crappy stock enclosure. I'm going to have a custom enclosure built, but it will still look stock from the outside after you put the covers back on. Sorry I don't have better news. Maybe somebody has found something new that sounds decent in the stock enclosure now? :dunno:

OP
OP
F

FloridaInvestor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My speaker rattles at low volume...I know the speaker blew. So in order to hear any music I have to fade the sound to all the front speakers..otherwise the distortion coming from the sub gets annoying.

I don't really play my music all that loud...so just having a drop in sub should fill the bill...I just don't know what to get...

-Omar

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the JL in my 08 it lines up with the holes but you have to close the port on the stock box. The kicker also drops in some people like it.Good luck.
Joshua