Blue Vipers with black stripes

6 speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Viper Blue (bright blue) convert with black stripes.

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on though - is that blue from the first page GTS Blue? It looks darker and more rich - almost like the Chrysler Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat.

I'm still up in the air debating an eventual repaint, and that color is AMAZING. I'd also like to do black stripes in "homage" of the original color of my car.

Any paint codes? Please let me know!!

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on though - is that blue from the first page GTS Blue? It looks darker and more rich - almost like the Chrysler Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat.

I'm still up in the air debating an eventual repaint, and that color is AMAZING. I'd also like to do black stripes in "homage" of the original color of my car.

Any paint codes? Please let me know!!

The 6 + 1 cars listed are all GTS blue with Black stripes.

Bruce

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why don't these Vipers look like different shades? Is it just lighting? The left image looks so much richer in color...
poconocsd2008.jpg
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess it is the black stripes, that would make it look darker. Silver and White tend to lighten up the car.

Bruce

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone clarify the VIN of the one that was an SRT experience car? I'm currently talking to a dealership that claims to have a GTS blue coupe with black stripes. The VIN on theirs is: 1B3JZ69Z88V200056. It has 9000 miles, selling price is $65000. That a good deal?

They don't have pictures up yet, as they just received it yesterday, so I'm not sure if the guy just assumed it was GTS blue because it's blue or if that's the actual color. Will post more when I find out.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the updated list:

Track Car 1. SRT Track car with Razor wheels.
Vin 00056 all track cars between 00052 and 00060 Built ?

1. TJ Tupelo, MS 5 spokes black interior on Ebay
Vin 00091 Built ?

2. Vinny2- 5 spoke wheels and Black and Blue interior.
Vin 00184 Built ?

3. N2 Viper- Nav, 5 spoke wheels and Black interior.
Vin 00254 Built Dec 07

4. Hemi Killer- Nav, H wheels and all Black interior.
Vin 00541 Built Feb 08

5. VipermanAvon Nav, H Wheels and Blue and Black interior.
Vin ? Built ?

6. Jerz Viper- 5 spoke wheels and Black and Blue interior
Vin ? Built ?

Bruce

Last edited:

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Build date should be on a sticker on the door jam somewhere. I'm assuming Viper follows the standard protocol. Do you still have the window sticker? That'll tell you too, and possibly even the color code, sometimes.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have updated the current list and put in VIN# order still awaiting 2 vehicles Vin's and a few born dates.

Bruce

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vin 00056 all track cars between 00052 and 00060 Built ?

This car is currently up for sale at Bud's Chrysler in Ohio. They are claiming that it is not a SRT track car though:rolleyes:

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vin 00056 Built?
(all track cars were numbered between 00052 and 00060)

1. TJ Tupelo- 5 spokes black interior on Ebay
Vin 00091 Built ?

2. Vinny2- 5 spoke wheels and Black and Blue interior.
Vin 00184 Built ?

3. N2 Viper- Nav, 5 spoke wheels and Black interior.
Vin 00254 Built Dec 07

4. VipermanAvon- Nav, H Wheels and Blue and Black interior.
Vin 00261 Built Dec 07

5. Hemi Killer- Nav, H wheels and all Black interior.
Vin 00541 Built Feb 08

6. Jerz Viper- 5 spoke wheels and Black and Blue interior
Vin ? Built ?

Bruce

Last edited:

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was a scam. Tried contacting on several occassions because of the story of the car and never got responses via e mail or phone call.

Same here; the number listed in the ad was non-working. A few days later, the ad went down, then the legitimate one for Bud's Chrysler went up.

When I called about the car, the salesman told me the car had new tires. It seemed a bit odd that a car with that few miles would have new tires, now I know why.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I guess it never sold on eBay or through their website. It is a little high with it's history but they will probably sell it to someone who does not know. Not really that big of a deal since it still has a warranty but I think there should be a bit of a discount since it is going to need parts quicker than the regular nonabused 08 (ie: Brakes, Clutch, etc.).

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Truth be told, I'm still somewhat tempted to buy it, as I love the color and can't find another coupe in the mid 60's except for a green one (was never a fan of **** green), but someone on the viper alley forum said that the interior is pretty banged up, as is the exterior paint.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really interested to have someone see it up close and see what the true condition of the car is.

As for SSG, turns out to be the most desirable color for resale. Might be a good choice.

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's what Keith, from a post over at the Viper Alley, said:

Besides being bought from Chrysler at an auction in Detroit, it's got numerous signs to indicate it was an SRT Experience car. These include......brand new tires with 5K miles on the car (they are PS's, not PS2's, by the way), stickers worn, half-peeled off and/or missing inside the car and inside the engine bay; the underside of the hood and engine bay is extremely dirty; bolts at the area where the hatch meets the roof are rusted; there are nicks and scratches in many areas and most obviously, both headlight covers and the front of the hood are extremely pitted from debris being thrown back at them. Curiously, the nose doesn't have a mark on it which I'm guessing means they replaced it or painted it. It does have scratch marks underneath the nose where it was obviously scraped numerous times. The bottom line is, if this isn't an SRT car, someone beat the balls off of it while they owned it. As long as you're okay with that, it's worth looking at. If you're not, I wouldn't waste my time.

There's my unsolicited review for your consumption.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the updated list: The list originally was for 6 cars and one track car that had no owner. the list is now up to 7 since the track car was recently sold to the public and a forum member here now owns it. All that is needed is the Vin# for JERZ Vipers car and we will have them in order.

thanks for the updates.

1. TCurtner- SRT Track car with Razor wheels and black interior.
Vin 00056 Built?
(all track cars were numbered between 00052 and 00060)

2. TJ Tupelo- 5 spokes black interior on Ebay
Vin 00091 Built ?

3. Vinny2- 5 spoke wheels and Black and Blue interior.
Vin 00184 Built ?

4. N2 Viper- Nav, 5 spoke wheels and Black interior.
Vin 00254 Built Dec 07

5. VipermanAvon- Nav, H Wheels and Blue and Black interior.
Vin 00261 Built Dec 07

6. Hemi Killer- Nav, H wheels and all Black interior.
Vin 00541 Built Feb 08

7. Jerz Viper- 5 spoke wheels and Black and Blue interior
Vin ? Built ?

Bruce

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I owe you guys one. Apparently people from the forum have been calling Bud's, because if they didn't know/admit it was an SRT Experience car, they did after you guys flooded them with calls. I was able to get them to drop the price more than they were going to, so I'll be picking up the car Saturday the 16th. I was lucky enough to talk to Thomas, the original owner of the car, and he filled me in on all the details. Aside from some very small rock chips on the car (which I don't mind, because out here in west Texas all cars have them), the car is in great shape. I'll post some pictures after my trip.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I owe you guys one. Apparently people from the forum have been calling Bud's, because if they didn't know/admit it was an SRT Experience car, they did after you guys flooded them with calls. I was able to get them to drop the price more than they were going to, so I'll be picking up the car Saturday the 16th. I was lucky enough to talk to Thomas, the original owner of the car, and he filled me in on all the details. Aside from some very small rock chips on the car (which I don't mind, because out here in west Texas all cars have them), the car is in great shape. I'll post some pictures after my trip.
Very very cool and am looking forward to the pics. That is what this great VCA family is all about.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was at the SRT Track at Englishtown on July 31,2008.
Here is a pic and video of your car in action, taking turns with the Venom red Viper, giving people a ride they would not forget on the autocross circuit.
Enjoy the car and dont be afraid to push it a bit, it's been there before.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the Video :
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the car is already sold, see the updated list for the new owner.

Bruce

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TCurtner was the first owner of the car after Chrysler sold it. I just bought it from Bud's Chrysler; I'll be picking it up next Saturday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth