Bluetooth technology in Gen 2 Viper

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm putting in a chrome mesh grill, some spinners, altezza tail lights and a gold chain-link steering wheel... HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!!! :D :D :D

Be right back, I gotta go put some blue LEDs in my side-markers....

YOU DA MAN!!! You may want to wait until after Thanksgiving this year to put those blue LED's, so your car can blend in during the Holidays. Make them blink faster too... :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU DA MAN!!! You may want to wait until after Thanksgiving this year to put those blue LED's, so your car can blend in during the Holidays. Make them blink faster too... :D

LOL....Good idea! I'll do multi-color selectable LED's and start with pink for Valentine's Day. Won't match the paint too well, but who cares, it's all about the mods!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too don't see what's wrong with RTTT'd post. He was just sharing information on how to bring new technology that's actually functional to our cars. Having a hands-free way to answer your phone is safe and smart if you HAVE to answer it.

I appreciate the info.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too don't see what's wrong with RTTT'd post. He was just sharing information on how to bring new technology that's actually functional to our cars. Having a hands-free way to answer your phone is safe and smart if you HAVE to answer it.

I appreciate the info.

LOL...technology has come a LONG way and in smaller packages. My little wireless phone has blue tooth built into it and I use a blue tooth earpiece when I drive, in case I have to answer the phone (not that I can hear it ring over the sound of the engine). There's hands-free safety and hands-free bling. To each his/her own.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh well, if that's how you perceived it. I did say "try to limit", didn't I... :)

Just a couple of V. alley guys over here to do some insults. If you ignore them they go away. They haven't got anything decent to say.

Ted

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Live how you want to live baby!!!! I am coming from a 1969 AM Philco radio with one original speaker in the dash.The radio/speakers in my 01 are HI FI !!!!!!!! I am envious of anyone who can understand one half of the functions on the pictured (Radios??)I was never a gizmo guy, often wish I had the patience for it.If a hammer or liberal application of horsepower doesnt work then I am lost !

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a couple of V. alley guys over here to do some insults. If you ignore them they go away. They haven't got anything decent to say.

Ted

V. alley guys... You are really proving yourself. :rolleyes:

If you didn't drag me in one of your post, I would have left your arrogant post alone. There should be a smiley here, but it's only available in the alley.

Let's see how you did on this thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s.../609425-what-paxton-vipers-running-1-4-a.html

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We went from a normal, informative thread to mudslinging and name-calling.

You must be registered for see images

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WEll I have to have some music when I am going around the track. But like you all stated, the sound of this thing is immense so I had to get a pretty ******** stereo to compete with the sound when racing. I had thought about doing bluetooth just for the safety of trying to deal with a phone when driving but I was afraid I would not be able to hear the person I was talking to due to how loud the car is.

Last edited:

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, it would not upload the pic the first time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WEll I have to have some music when I am going around the track. But like you all stated, the sound of this thing is immense so I had to get a pretty ******** stereo to compete with the sound when racing. I had thought about doing bluetooth just for the safety of trying to deal with a phone when driving but I was afraid I would not be able to hear the person I was talking to due to how loud the car is.

Sharp looking car, my 2nd favorite color.

The microphone I clipped to the sunvisor so it's close to my face (and it's directional) so it has the highest chance of hearing my voice. If you can hear you stereo while racing then, since the stereo plays back the other end of the conversation, you should be able to hear the person you're talking to.

I finally got it installed in my car, got the phone registered with the stereo, and it's ready to test, but it's 200mi. to the nearest cell phone tower so it'll be awhile until I know the performance. I'll post back then.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tested the Bluetooth stereo/cell phone last week. Yah, you could carry on a conversation while racing (except for helmet?).

Stereo on medium volume, stereo rings and answers phone automatically. Sounds like caller is in passenger seat (long as you don't have the single Philco dash speaker) and sound quality was excellent. Nothing to touch at anytime. Stereo hangs up after call.

Bought another Bluetooth stereo on my way home for the Viper.

Ted